Reply to hotel selection

Bradley

Original Poster
:rolleyes: Decsions decsions, we're not rolling in money! but really want a special holiday - have had a few problems (sob sob!) recently and really feel we deserve something special. However still can't decide what to do - we seem to be swaying towards the Poly for trantsport convenience as we don't really want to hire a car (not used to driving on the 'wrong' side of the road!) but mom and daughter love animals - actually work with horses - (should we move away from furry friends!) help help help....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRER STITCH

Hi BRADLEY!!! :wave:

Welcome to the boards!

We all have troubles now and then and there's no better way to ease the burden than by treating yourselves to a great get-away at WDW! YOU DESERVE IT!! :)

As far as Hotel selection goes....ALL Disney Hotels provide transportation-some by monorail, others by bus or boat.

A more economical approach for your family would be to stay at a "Moderate" hotel like the Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans. Both provide great bus transportation to the parks and cost a bit less than the Poly.

You will probably be spending most of your time inthe parks anyway, so the money you save on the room can be spent on treating yourselves to a nice dinner or something!

Search around the boards herefor many otherdiscussions about which Hotels to choose.

You'll probably get a TON of other replies to your question, but the important thing to remember is: Leave your troubles at home and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Yellow Shoes

Here is my opinion. Just remember, you paid nothing for it, so I make no claim as to its value to you.

The Polynesian is one of the most expensive resorts at WDW. (only the Grand Floridian costs more) In regular season, one night at the Polynesian is $344 (standard view)

Animal Kingdom Lodge, savannah view, is $315. (standard view is $239)

The moderates (Caribbean Beach, both Port Orleans, and Coronado) are $144 (standard view).

This is quite a difference in price. (even without the pound/dollar conversions those deluxes are more than double what a moderate costs).

Unless you will want to go to non-Disney places (Universal, the outlet mall, etc) you will not need a car. I'm with you--I have driving on vacation, although the "wrong side of the road" excuse doesn't fit for me.

I'v never had a major problem with the busses. Common sense should prevail--they are going to be crowded at park closing as thousands of people try to get home. Relax and let the crowds get out. Get a snack and a seat and do some people watching.

I'v done both shuttles and towncars from the airport to the hotel. Town cars are by far the best way to go. They are a little more $ for less than 4 people, but you get superior service.

Even if you don't stay there, you can always to go AKL to see the animals, and there's of course AK park. There is a petting zoo at Ft. Wilderness campground. You can get to it with Disney transportation. There is also horseback riding, carriages, and hayrides at Ft. Wilderness.

Bradley

Original Poster
Thanks everyone,

Think I'm now swaying towards 5 nights CBR, 3 night Cruise and 6 nights Poly - I'd better book v. shortly before I change my mind!

Again thanks for everyones opinion/help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom