Renting The parks

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
Hey I was just wondering to myself how much would it cost to rent the magic kingdom out for a couple hours? Like have the park close at 7 and have the party from 7-11. Is it even possible to rent it out? Thanks

AswaySuller

I know universal do it.

I remember hearing a cast member saying DHS did it a lot so yes I guess it's possible...

I also remember hearing about Michael Jackson renting Disneyland in the late 80s or early 90s although whether its true or not I don't know...

It would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars.... If not more!

wilkeliza

Hey I was just wondering to myself how much would it cost to rent the magic kingdom out for a couple hours? Like have the park close at 7 and have the party from 7-11. Is it even possible to rent it out? Thanks

I'm not sure how much Magic Kingdom costs but when I was planning my dream wedding reception I looked at how much it costs to rent part of Hollywood Studios for the night. We love Hollywood Studios and looked at Pixar Place or Great Movie Ride as an option as the place to have the reception. The price for Pixar Place is 2,000 venue fee with an additional 5,000 food and beverage minimum. That is 7,000 just to have the area for the night and not any rides. Just to have Toy Story Mania open for the even is 8,500 more.

I've heard you can add additional rides to be open for anywhere between 3,000 and 17,000 more dollars per a ride. Also you can throw in a late night parade for over 30,000 and fireworks for over 15,000. I have the brochure still is where I am getting these numbers.

So yes for the right price Disney will rent you anything but it is pretty expensive if you want the whole package. Their venue rates are pretty competitive but throw in a ride and you are going to be shelling out.

bubbles1812

So in other words, I need to win the lottery...I will get on that. And I promise when it happens (for it will happen ;) ) every member on this forum gets an invite!

bubbles1812

Didn't Miley Cyrus have her birthday part in MK a few years ago and it closed at 7:00? http://www.avidarticles.com/Article/5-000-May-Attend-Miley-Cyrus--Magic-Kingdom-Birthday-Party/22240
Also from reading this article, it looks like even she didn't want to pay for renting out the MK...she got her fans to do it for her. (idiots) 250 a ticket?? And I thought the regular cost for a day at the MK was ridiculous. She probably gave Disney a down payment and then said I just need to wait for my fans to pay for the rest. (she also prob got a discount being a disney "star" and all)

rsoxguy

I have done it, and it cost me, if I remember correctly, a gonezillion dollars. Oh, yes, they also made me clean up afterward.

The Empress Lilly

'If we can dream it, then we can rent it...yes we can...'

Everything is for rent at WDW. Within some restrictions of good taste and legal issues. You can call and they give you a price. Well, not to a seven year old girl asking to rent 'Disney' for a week for herself and fluffy her teddy bear. But if you have a serious request, and lots of money, just call. Private tours, front-of-line treatment, four princesses singing Happy Birthday, privately rented areas.

Bob Saget

I've heard you can add additional rides to be open for anywhere between 3,000 and 17,000 more dollars per a ride. Also you can throw in a late night parade for over 30,000 and fireworks for over 15,000.
Our ticket price increase threads will look something like this 20+ years from now. Mark my words. :lookaroun

real mad hatter

No Problem!

Yes,don't be put off by the expense,anything can be bought with money. Just e-mail disney and tell them your Sheik Abdul Mahammed from Dubai and the money will be sent direct from your Dubai platinum account. Well it works for me anyway.:shrug:

n2hifi

I went to an Autodesk conference a few years back and they rented out DHS for the evening. They bussed us through the backlot as everyone else was leaving through the front. Not all of the rides were open but most were including the coasters and TOT. They also did Fantasmic at the end of the night. If I remember right they had beer vendors in the streets and all food and drinks were inclusive. Don't know how much it cost, but the conference prices were reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom