Removal of Main Street Christmas Wreaths Due to New Parade

CTXRover

It sounds like they are working on a replacement for the garlands. There was a permit recently filed to investigate several locations along Main Street for a "holiday arch".

This was posted by @Big Bad Wolf in the Festival of Fantasy parade thread back in March 2014:

Some interesting permits today. These four Buena Vista Cosntruction permits all say "Investigate Location of Holiday Arch". I wonder if this is going to be something to replace the garlands over Main Street which they won't be able to use due to the height of the FOF floats.

Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1365 Monorail Way (MO7 - MK Admin) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 1375 Monorail Way (Emporium) - BVCC
Investigate Location Of Holiday Arch, 4710 Caribbean Way (Casery's Corner) - BVCC
Investigate Locaiton of Holiday Arch, 4720 Caribbean Way (Emporium) - BVCC

View attachment 50172

Jose

they want to do somtg like this?
IM002310.jpg

Unplugged

Perhaps leveraging the latest technology they can simply implement telescoping poles inside the Main Street street lights. That way, when the wreaths are installed, they can simply be extended up 4 feet or so. When the parade comes through they silently extend up to 20' or what ever clearance they need. :rolleyes:

<While that is technically possible, it was written purely as satire. :D>

DisneyDebRob

C'mon guys, haven't you heard that a holiday arch with lights is impossible? The technology for it is never going to happen because it's to tough for them to figure out. Don't get me started...

Longers

I'm sorry for all of you who are disappointed by this but I am delighted. I spend a fortune to get to Disney for my birthday on 20 Nov and when we arrive on 5th Nov (approx) the Xmas decorations are up and the Xmas music is on - it's still November so it's way too early. Sorry if this is bah humbug but I want to celebrate my birthday before Xmas starts. (Not my fault when I was born) It seems to start earlier every year - soon it will probably be a 4 month thing. I know I could go elsewhere bit Disney is my passion and that's where I want to be (and it is awful weather in the UK in Nov)
Gonna love our pictures in front of the castle this year!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm sorry for all of you who are disappointed by this but I am delighted. I spend a fortune to get to Disney for my birthday on 20 Nov and when we arrive on 5th Nov (approx) the Xmas decorations are up and the Xmas music is on - it's still November so it's way too early. Sorry if this is bah humbug but I want to celebrate my birthday before Xmas starts. (Not my fault when I was born) It seems to start earlier every year - soon it will probably be a 4 month thing. I know I could go elsewhere bit Disney is my passion and that's where I want to be (and it is awful weather in the UK in Nov)
Gonna love our pictures in front of the castle this year!

The only thing that is going to change is no garlands, and they may very well have a replacement for those. All the other decorations will still be there.

Longers

The only thing that is going to change is no garlands, and they may very well have a replacement for those. All the other decorations will still be there.

Thank you, That will still mean nicer photos of the castle down Main Street - I can live with the Xmas thing as I appreciate other peoples views but for me - I'm happy

MerlinTheGoat

If they have these arches, why couldn't they have garland attached to them?
I don't see why it couldn't be done that way, and it's a pretty good idea IMHO. The Lights of Winter display looks lovely at night, but considerably less so during the day. I'm a fan of the display but i'll admit its shortcomings during daytime. Having a similar type of structure lined with greenery would I believe go a long way to improving its presence in the daytime. A lot of the steel framework isn't even covered by lights, covering those parts up with some greenery probably wouldn't harm the night time presence at all. It could give it a much better presence during the day however.

But I suspect the biggest challenge at the moment is finding a Christmas display that drapes over the street that isn't in any close proximity of potential trouble from the fire breathing dragon float. I can't imagine too much of a problem with simply raising the height at which the garlands are draped across the street if it was only float height clearance that was the problem. But the fire effect being close to any decoration (whether it be garlands or even electrical lights) would probably have the lawyers and park ops on a warpath.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom