Remnants of old Epcot

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I think a new, refreshed thread is in order... Anybody have any pictures, tips/tricks, or stories in regard to finding classic 80s-90s Epcot?

I thought about making this thread while I am currently on hold listening to the Ellen's Energy Adventure theme on Disney's hold loop.... Takes me back. :)

Also, I know a popular one that is still around are the (oh so quiet) bathrooms in the Imagination pavilion with the classic theme song loop.... As well as the spaceship thing painted black on the descent in Spaceship Earth.

I imagine classic Epcot is starting to get super hard to find these days...

kalel8145

I think a new, refreshed thread is in order... Anybody have any pictures, tips/tricks, or stories in regard to finding classic 80s-90s Epcot?

I thought about making this thread while I am currently on hold listening to the Ellen's Energy Adventure theme on Disney's hold loop.... Takes me back. :)

Also, I know a popular one that is still around are the (oh so quiet) bathrooms in the Imagination pavilion with the classic theme song loop.... As well as the spaceship thing painted black on the descent in Spaceship Earth.

I imagine classic Epcot is starting to get super hard to find these days...
Could you please not mention the bathrooms? 🤐🤐 It's a secret.....

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
you can still make out the basic layout of the preshow and stage area of Kitchen Kabaret in the Soarin’ queue/exit!
Isn't the stage area behind a wall? From what I remember about a decade ago, the theatre was still intact. (Obviously not anymore, as Marni confirmed it was gone for the female bathroom expansion)

ER4TBB-WoAEADH3.jpg
ER4TBCNXsAIlACB.jpg
ER4TBCCWsAAAxNf.jpg
ER4TBEZWoAAcw10.jpg

e5tywe4fefefefefe-1-jpg.235271

It's all gone. The new female restroom expansion is where the stage used to be.

What did used to be there was the stage surround, part of the stage, various holes where the lifts were, simple props and the like. And the blueprints for the Canadian pavilion (!)

Over time various parts disappeared.
Oct. 3, 2017

Cmdr_Crimson

I wanted to do this tour so bad and disappointed I never got the chance to! I remember trying out Segway at Innoventions and it was so cool.
It was unique tour..You got trained in Innoventions for the first 30 mins and then after you got the jists of it you'd go thru Future World heading Towards Canada and then it pretty much became a factoid tour about the countries Pavillion and learn to maneuver through some of the tighter corners of the Pavillion's. After which you came back to Innoventions and recive the Tour Pin which had a a little sliding feature on it.
s-l400.jpg

There was another Segway tour and that was the one at Ft Wilderness where you used the offroad Segways..

Smiley/OCD

It was unique tour..You got trained in Innoventions for the first 30 mins and then after you got the jists of it you'd go thru Future World heading Towards Canada and then it pretty much became a factoid tour about the countries Pavillion and learn to maneuver through some of the tighter corners of the Pavillion's. After which you came back to Innoventions and recive the Tour Pin which had a a little sliding feature on it.
s-l400.jpg

There was another Segway tour and that was the one at Ft Wilderness where you used the offroad Segways..
I still have that pin too!!

vikescaper

Bring back the “Around the World” tour on a Segway…best tour I was ever on at WDW!
I attempted to do this tour once. As we were leaving Innoventions on the Segways, another guest walked right in front of me. I can’t remember if I hit the person but the tour guides stoped me and told me that I couldn’t go any further on the tour. I was bummed but they did give me the money back.

kalel8145

I attempted to do this tour once. As we were leaving Innoventions on the Segways, another guest walked right in front of me. I can’t remember if I hit the person but the tour guides stoped me and told me that I couldn’t go any further on the tour. I was bummed but they did give me the money back.
😬

Smiley/OCD

Ouch

Smiley/OCD

I attempted to do this tour once. As we were leaving Innoventions on the Segways, another guest walked right in front of me. I can’t remember if I hit the person but the tour guides stoped me and told me that I couldn’t go any further on the tour. I was bummed but they did give me the money
When I did my tour, when we returned to Innoventions, a guest walked right in front of me and I almost hit them…probably one of the reasons they stopped the tour

castlecake2.0

There’s like 4 speakers in the transition between Morocco and Japan that still plays the original Japan BGM loop

You can see three circles in the pavement design at the exit to the Seas that mimic the design of the hydrolators

The old group sales pavilion is till by the bus depots

The upstairs Land bathrooms still play the original interior BGM loop

I’ll add more when I can think of it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom