Remember The Who Framed Roger Rabbit area?

Xethos

Original Poster
Here's mine:

Disney90001.jpg

My mom has more at her house of this area, this was the only one I had on my computer atm.

Great shot! Thats the spot I remember. I lost tons of old photos in a flood years ago, brings back memories seeing these old areas.

Thanks people for taking me back!

raiden

jess.jpg

I have some more pictures of the area but i need time to dig them out. D-MGM use to be a superior park in that era..

mp2bill

I loved this area. I remember taking those pictures on the blue screen...a technology which always amazed me until I could understand the technology.

sweetpee_1993

I bought 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' so my boys could watch it. They both loved it! Disney should give thought to bringing Roger & Jessica back around. My 13 yro watched Jessica step out from behind the stage curtain the first time and his jaw totally dropped. He sighed, "I could sooooo be a toon....." :lol:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Nope, not just you. I think once Roger Rabbit disappeared from SpectroMagic, his presence in the WDW parks has been pretty much nil (although he's fared better at Disneyland). I kind of think he hasn't kept up as well in terms of audience familiarity as many of Disney's other characters, even ones that are decades older than the Roger Rabbit characters. Shame, really...

I remember when he led the 20th anniversary parade and noone fit that Spectromeagic scene better then Roger Rabbit. Maybe he will reapear in Spectromagic if they get a cool genie float like the have at tokyo disneyland. Roger is one of my top 5 and would love to see him active in Disney World again.

Krazikins

aww i remember this from when i was younger!!
I love who framed rodger rabbit. and it was such an amazing film!
I miss the area so much!

captainkidd

All I know for sure is the merchandise they sell their now is absolute crap, and has little to do with Disney.

But yes, I remember the area. I always wonder to myself why they ditched it for nothing whenever I walk by it at the Studios.

Xethos

Original Poster
I dont know if it was becuase I was much younger at the time but it really seems that MGM studios of old is far superior to what it is now. It was on par with EPCOT as my favorite at the time, but during my last trip I really couldnt spend much more then half a day there. ( im sure im not the only one to ever say this but they really need to do something there...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom