Registering for runDisney events

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I know this is very stressful so I have a couple of questions and maybe this thread can be a place for others?

It has been a while since I have tried to register multiple folks for a race. My entire family wants to run in September. The registration is this Tuesday, and we are kind of nervous about getting in.

I understand I need to have multiple computers running but once I get my turn in the virtual que will I be allowed to register my entire family without losing their possible spots because that could take a while?

Also does anyone know when they typically reveal the charities runners can sign up with?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I know this is very stressful so I have a couple of questions and maybe this thread can be a place for others?

It has been a while since I have tried to register multiple folks for a race. My entire family wants to run in September. The registration is this Tuesday, and we are kind of nervous about getting in.

I understand I need to have multiple computers running but once I get my turn in the virtual que will I be allowed to register my entire family without losing their possible spots because that could take a while?

Also does anyone know when they typically reveal the charities runners can sign up with?

When you've finished entering your info, the system asks if you want to register someone else in the same session. Don't know HOW many additional registrations you can add. However, as you know, nothing is confirmed until payment goes through. If other family members can also register, I'd advise them to do so.

There's been a lot of interest for the September Halloween race at DCL because it's the 1st year and of course, another race at Disneyland.

Which reminds me...I need to go register.

Good luck.

Figment82

For charities, I would look at the list that offered bibs for the January event. They will probably be very similar. I know the American Cancer Society is offering them, and opened registration today for a 24 hour period, then will start a waitlist. I am pretty sure GKTW will participate as well, as I know they had bibs for January.

Note that the 5K is usually around $600/700 per person, and goes up from there (cost of bib included).

surfsupdon

I have to register for myself and someone else too. If we both try, and we both register, what happens if we both get each other a bib? No refund policy? I don't get how to navigate that??

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have to register for myself and someone else too. If we both try, and we both register, what happens if we both get each other a bib? No refund policy? I don't get how to navigate that??

I doubt runDisney would refund duplicate registrations.

Registration has become such a crapshoot these days. Don't really know what to tell you. I just know there's been lots of interest in these races out on social media.

I registered for both the 5K and 10K races. People who ran the DLR weekend last month said both had lots of time in both parks. I'm really not interested in running through the streets of Anaheim or Angel Stadium.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
For charities, I would look at the list that offered bibs for the January event. They will probably be very similar. I know the American Cancer Society is offering them, and opened registration today for a 24 hour period, then will start a waitlist. I am pretty sure GKTW will participate as well, as I know they had bibs for January.

Note that the 5K is usually around $600/700 per person, and goes up from there (cost of bib included).

That's what I did today, and the charity I contacted is holding our spots!

This will be my sons first wheelchair race.

I am so elated I won't have to deal with that train wreck that will be this Tuesday.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member

GKTW also does DLR races? That's great to know. I did a 5K bib through them one year when the race sold out as I was entering my cc info.

Great charity.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's what I did today, and the charity I contacted is holding our spots!

This will be my sons first wheelchair race.

I am so elated I won't have to deal with that train wreck that will be this Tuesday.

I know people poo pooed Club runDisney when it was announced. But the lack of stress registering for each race weekend is frankly worth the cost, IMHO. And we get a week to make the decision.

Greenlawler

Original Poster
I know people poo pooed Club runDisney when it was announced. But the lack of stress registering for each race weekend is frankly worth the cost, IMHO. And we get a week to make the decision.

Yeah I looked into it. I may join when it's available again.

Figment82

GKTW also does DLR races? That's great to know. I did a 5K bib through them one year when the race sold out as I was entering my cc info.

Great charity.
Yes! They offered for this past January - I would assume they would for September as well. You can still see the event listing on their site, but I’m not sure if the prices are there.

I’m running the Springtime Challenge through them. I think it’s my second time running on their behalf - they’re amazing!

Greenlawler

Original Poster
Yes! They offered for this past January - I would assume they would for September as well. You can still see the event listing on their site, but I’m not sure if the prices are there.

I’m running the Springtime Challenge through them. I think it’s my second time running on their behalf - they’re amazing!

I have volunteered there dozens of times over the last decade.

LAKid53

Premium Member
And now that registration is done, I can announce we are running for GKTW Village ;)

That was who I was talking to.

Great organization. Did you contact them directly? I see none of the charities for the Halloween races at FLR are "open".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom