News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

GrumpyFan

In light of this fiasco with CFTOD and Disney charging them for the park passes, do we know how this was handled under RCID?
Did Disney provide them for free, subsidized, or heavily discounted? Just curious what the arrangement was.

indyumd

Benefits are taken away from employees ALL the time. Would you like list of things ive lost over the last 5 years along with the increased cost of the benefits portion i have to cover? I assure you they are ALL necessary as opposed to this which is a “luxurY” perk of working. I promise you my cost are way more than what these people have lost in theme park tickets…. 1st world problems i guess for them
You’d think someone who has lost benefits would be more in favor of labor stepping up to try to stop their benefits being taken. Just goes to show how warped these issues become to keep working people sniping at each other rather than directing scorn where it belongs.

Surferboy567

In light of this fiasco with CFTOD and Disney charging them for the park passes, do we know how this was handled under RCID?
Did Disney provide them for free, subsidized, or heavily discounted? Just curious what the arrangement was.
As I understand it. Disney is not changing their policy. They provided ap’s to firefighters and other workers at the district.

The NEW district claims that Disney was funneling money to themselves with this benefit and removed it from the firefighters benefits.

The firefighters are now angry that the benefit is no longer available to them. They also say the only reason some have come to work there is for that benefit.

LSLS

Big item that was taken away in a previous location I worked at was company pension for all incoming staff. New CEO wanted to focus in on more profits and next alternative to incoming staff is - save for retirement ? Invest in 401K. That's real world compared to losing theme park passes.

Or you leave the company for one not taking benefits away. But all benefits are real world.

lazyboy97o

They were purchased from Disney at the same rate offered to others operating at Walt Disney World. The District even posted a bill on their website.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Again with the mythical unnamed taxpayers:cautious:
kelly rowland 90s GIF

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
“We could not be advised by a better or more qualified expert than Professor Kochan,” announced Martin Garcia, Chairman of the CFTOD Board. “And the work is critical. For over 56 years, Disney had their own governmentally controlled kingdom which, while sparking economic growth for central Florida, also produced many negative outcomes for the taxpayers, employees, and citizens of Orange and Osceola Counties.”

Garcia explained, “In the past six months, our Board has adopted new policies and practices to fix some of the glaring issues. To discover and solve more latent problems, the Board is turning to Professor Kochan to elucidate some of the economic and legal implications the old structure created and provide recommendations to further reform the District to make it more responsive to the citizens of central Florida.”

Oh boy! I can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom