News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
naked-gun-meme.gif

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Just saw this tweet, I can’t believe they just claimed that “Disney picked the fight”

Source: Scott Gustin

EDIT: Disney aside mind you he said they were going to raise taxes AFTER SEVERAL business owners told them to not do so.

He can't even get the timeline correct. SB1557 passed in the...checks calendar...2022 session.

Vegas Disney Fan

Guessing Disney's now got enough evidence. I presume they held off as long as they did to allow the new board to make enough mistakes and over reach to help their case. Disney's seemingly done a pretty decent job of staying as quiet and reserved as possible so far.

I think they were genuinely hoping to resolve this amicably without involving the courts, Disneys been trying for a year to settle this while also taking steps to protect their interests, I think they finally ran out of options so now they have no choice but to go to court.

They are at war with a state they have to be a partner with, it’s a horrible position. A peaceful resolution would have been better for everyone involved but that was never the governors goal.

Kamikaze

On the contrary, I think he most certainly wants to be known as the guy who took on Disney. The legal repercussions may not be what he expected, but he absolutely welcomes the publicity surrounding his pseudo-moral crusade.
He probably cares little about the legal repercussions. Its the political ones that are going to be in his nightmares.

esskay

Given they said today they are going to raise taxes (despite all the local businesses pleading them not to) I do wonder if Disney will help those same businesses out whilst the legal stuff is all ongoing in some way given they all pay rates and likely partial profits to Disney.

GBAB1973

On the contrary, I think he most certainly wants to be known as the guy who took on Disney. The legal repercussions may not be what he expected, but he absolutely welcomes the publicity surrounding his pseudo-moral crusade.

It certainly is intended to play well with a certain subset of voters. Polling shows it plays well with GOPers and he certainly needs traction with them as he seems to be losing ground to Trump. But polling also shows, if he gets in the general election, his Disney fight isn't going to help with independents. And he needs them to win.

Trump is also gonna bash him over the head with this Disney fight............ and if he loses in court, woo boy. The one good thing for him is that this thing is gonna be in the courts for a while so by the time he chooses to run, he won't have a court loss hanging over his head.

RamblinWreck

He probably doesn’t want to be dealing with the discovery process for this suit while running though.

We’ve all seen the things he and his legislature were willing (and giddy) to admit to in front of cameras. What are the odds that their emails and texts are filled with significantly more damning material?

These people were sloppy, there’s no question about that. They rushed to punish Disney by trying to dissolve Reedy Creek without taking any time at all to figure out if that was even feasible. Then they opted for a Governor takeover of it instead, and paid zero attention to what the old board was up to on the way out the door.

I look forward to a discovery process that is likely even more entertaining than the recent Fox News / Dominion one.

lazyboy97o

Anyone else feel bad for John Classe? He has been district administrator for years and probably wants ZERO part of this and is now one of the people being sued. Probably wishing the board had fired him sooner like they were threatening in last weeks meeting.
It’s part of the job. He was the district administrator so anything involving the district will rope him in. There’s really not an option to sue the district without him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom