News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

tissandtully

Why are you posting here? For the most part, people are having an informative and interesting discussion with facts and supporting documents. I've had to read quite a bit about RCID just to be able to competently discuss it. Not that it's essential, but there are a number of lawyers and others who are familiar with the district participating here. Why try to shut down discussion, then run away when someone tries to discuss with you? Not one of your posts has added a single thing of substance; just complaints that it exists and insults against the posters.
I put him on ignore because he's not adding any value and never has on this forum.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I know this is a small issue in the grand scheme of things and is slightly unconnected. Can the state prevent Disney from holding runDisney events? As the races require roads to be closed.

Good question. Unlike DLR, all WDW races are on roads within the property. But some are public, while others are private.

tissandtully

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if he's intentionally setting himself up to lose in court just so he can shrug and say "well, I tried."
We'd never get an admission of failure. You'll notice he's never admitted defeat even when he clearly has been, like those poor people who were arrested for voting when they were told they could vote, cases got tossed out. There's a pretty long list of quiet defeats that he just doesn't acknowledge, I think Scott Maxwell has compiled it somewhere.

NelsonRD

Why does this clown hate Disney so much? What did they do at his wedding to p*ss him off so much?
From what I understand, it started with DeSantis allowing Disney to open during the pandemic, in an attempt to help Disney and cast members during that time, and Disney didn't acknowledge it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why are you posting here? For the most part, people are having an informative and interesting discussion with facts and supporting documents. I've had to read quite a bit about RCID just to be able to competently discuss it. Not that it's essential, but there are a number of lawyers and others who are familiar with the district participating here. Why try to shut down discussion, then run away when someone tries to discuss with you? Not one of your posts has added a single thing of substance; just complaints that it exists and insults against the posters.
I love the “thingie”…but he has some kinda weird amore for the blowhard/wannabe authoritarians.

New Jersey people hate their property taxes 🤪

Angel Ariel

Let me clarify the Resign to Run law. If not changed by the Legislature during THIS current session, the governor will have to submit his resignation from his current office at least 10 days prior to when qualifying opens for the office he seeks. That resignation takes effect on the earliest of either the day he takes office or his successor takes office. It's not an immediate resignation and out of office situation.
Thank you:)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Oh relax. What are we on the 20th iteration of the same argument? How many times do people have to google RCID to cherry pick the fact for or against their argument. Ultimately it all eventually devolves to the same predictable boring thing.

You’d figure with all the “lawyers” in the thread you’d have a better quality of discussion. I guess that quote from Abe Lincoln I saw on Google was right when he said not to believe everything you read on the internet.

GrumpyFan

Desantis' latest comments just sound like chest beating and auditioning for the Presidency.
But also it's publicity for him anytime he mentions "Disney" and he knows it.
It's actually quite shrewd and sounds just like a play out of Trump's book.
Well, shrewd, but also dangerous for him if Disney wins. It could easily backfire on him. I think time is on his side if Disney decides to fight it legally, unless they also wage a publicity battle with him, in which case they can bring a LOT to the battle.

Last edited:

Sandurz

He really thinks this is a winning gameplan for a primary race lmao.

Most people aren't going to political rallies/events in general, especially not this early in a election cycle, so when he goes to Michigan and gets a big pop from the crowd talking about turning an existing road into a toll road to punish a vacation resort, that's not a normal reaction. Everyone there is there FOR culture war stuff, so when he trots out more stupid culture war stuff and they eat it up, he thinks that's going to play well everywhere but hIs primary run is going to be pathetic if this is all he has up his sleeve.

Disney Glimpses

We'd never get an admission of failure. You'll notice he's never admitted defeat even when he clearly has been, like those poor people who were arrested for voting when they were told they could vote, cases got tossed out. There's a pretty long list of quiet defeats that he just doesn't acknowledge, I think Scott Maxwell has compiled it somewhere.
No, but if the courts block him, just as they did with the Stop W.O.K.E Act, then he doesn't have to admit failure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom