News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

lazyboy97o

That's a huge part of my point. Technically, they (Disney) never got to approve their own permits so they can't march into court and say we've been injured because we don't get to approve our own permits anymore. All that has changed is the entity that approves the permits.
No, it is not just a difference of who approves. Reedy Creek Improvement District enforces a different building code. It has a different documentation process. Any projects in process will have to be changed, all of which will cost money.

Club34

Outside of it what Florida is doing is legal or not, I don't understand why so many are against this happening?

Because both sides are being used/abused. Yes, parents should have a say in their kids' education/school programming. But, is there any real question about the timing/motive of this legislation given it's proponents/sponsors within the government? This now extends to the response from these same political figures in light of Disney's position (whether you agree with it or not). These folks are being quite direct about what this is about and it sucks that this is still a thing.

The concerns from our peers in the LGBTQ communities are legitimate. Hasn't exactly been a picnic for these folks historically speaking, wouldn't you agree? So the fact that there would be concern and pushback on something that could be a potential slippery slope going backwards for this community is understandable in my estimation.

Both positions are legitimate but the power brokers are pulling the strings and plotting people against each other. Do I have the solution? Heck no. But I will point out bad faith on all sides and encourage the working together with others if even they are adamantly opposed because I do know this... What we are doing is not working.

Now, it could potentially rerail Disney in very profound ways. Which is why we are all here. 🏰🎆

Jrb1979

Because we are Disney fans who don’t want this malicious decision to adversely affect WDW’s offerings and prices. And some of us are members of the LGBTQI community who passionately oppose government discrimination. It’s particularly distasteful given the prominence of LGBTQI people among Disney’s CMs and guests.

That you don’t understand is frankly baffling to me.
I'm not talking about the bill. I'm referring to them getting rid of RCID

Obobru

I am guessing those California jobs are not going to Florida now, if anything I suspect jobs will be trimmed in Florida as punishment.

This is not going to end well at all for Disney or Florida.

AdventureHasAName

Re read what was said. You really think the definition of retaliation in federal civil protection is going to be treated narrower than in the 1a?

You are cra cra
"Retaliation" under Title VII is a statutorily created cause of action. There's no "retaliation" cause of action created by the 1st Amendment; a government action is either constitutional or unconstitutional under the 1st Amendment.

GimpYancIent

Because both sides are being used/abused. Yes, parents should have a say in their kids' education/school programming. But, is there any real question about the timing/motive of this legislation given it's proponents/sponsors within the government? This now extends to the response from these same political figures in light of Disney's position (whether you agree with it or not). These folks are being quite direct about what this is about and it sucks that this is still a thing.

The concerns from our peers in the LGBTQ communities are legitimate. Hasn't exactly been a picnic for these folks historically speaking, wouldn't you agree? So the fact that there would be concern and pushback on something that could be a potential slippery slope going backwards for this community is understandable in my estimation.

Both positions are legitimate but the power brokers are pulling the strings and plotting people against each other. Do I have the solution? Heck no. But I will point out bad faith on all sides and encourage the working together with others if even they are adamantly opposed because I do know this... What we are doing is not working.

Now, it could potentially rerail Disney in very profound ways. Which is why we are all here. 🏰🎆
"Rerail" I like that term. Too bad there is no time out or going to neutral corners to cool off. The Disney business model is going to be modified as is the County's management of it's jurisdiction. So "rerail" is very descriptive.

Sir_Cliff

Because we are Disney fans who don’t want this malicious decision to adversely affect WDW’s offerings and prices. And some of us are members of the LGBTQI community who passionately oppose government discrimination. It’s particularly distasteful given the prominence of LGBTQI people among Disney’s CMs and guests.

That you don’t understand is frankly baffling to me.
That particular poster has some weirdly intense dislike of Disney and seem to be an evangelist for that cause. The logic according to which they criticise Disney changes to suit the particular thread, but they've made it clear they prefer basically every other theme and amusement park out there and have spent a lot of time trying to convince Disney fans they should too. The "love" reaction to every post forecasting rough times ahead for Disney is completely in character.

Patcheslee

Had an interesting convo with DD13 about this bill after she saw a TicTok or SnapChat video saying Disney World would be closing down because of this bill. Needless to say at least she questions if something on social media is true and asks.

GimpYancIent

That particular poster has some weirdly intense dislike of Disney and seem to be an evangelist for that cause. The logic according to which they criticise Disney changes to suit the particular thread, but they've made it clear they prefer basically every other theme and amusement park out there and have spent a lot of time trying to convince Disney fans they should too. The "love" reaction to every post forecasting rough times ahead for Disney is completely in character.
No posters opinions, the dissolution of RCID nor any politics are necessary to get visitors and guests to prefer other amusement parks more. B.C. and his cronies are doing an effective job of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom