Redoing Buzz Lightyear

wdwfan94

Original Poster
Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that it would be a great idea if they ripped out Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin and completely redid it as an E-Ticket by using the same trackless ride system that Pooh's Hunny Hunt at TDL uses?

klineski96

If I could do anything to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, I'd only make 2 changes:

1) Remove the blaster from the actual ride vehicle, like Universal's MIB ride.
and
2) New paint. Seems like everytime I go on it, the vehicles and various parts of the queue line are in pretty bad shape.

If you're going to tear anything out of Tomorrowland and add an e Ticket as you're suggesting, there's a ride located across from Monster's Inc Laugh Floor that could go and I wouldn't miss it for a second. Buzz should stay.

Just my humble opinion.

nolatron

Buzz is one of our favorite rides. It just needs a little sprucing up. A little fog in the ride to show the lasers would be cool too.

Having never been on the TDL Pooh Ride, it's had to say whether or not I'd want the entire ride system changed from what it is now.

CoffeeJedi

That would actually be kinda awesome.

While they're in there they could replace the wooden flats with animatronics (or at least 3d figures)

Granted, neither of these things are gonna happen, but it would be nice.

EmperorMilenko

If I could do anything to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, I'd only make 2 changes:

1) Remove the blaster from the actual ride vehicle, like Universal's MIB ride.
and
2) New paint. Seems like everytime I go on it, the vehicles and various parts of the queue line are in pretty bad shape.

If you're going to tear anything out of Tomorrowland and add an e Ticket as you're suggesting, there's a ride located across from Monster's Inc Laugh Floor that could go and I wouldn't miss it for a second. Buzz should stay.

Just my humble opinion.

Well, I agree with your humble opinion. SGE needs to go. But LF is no better. I wouldnt mind to see both of em' gutted and turned into something new.

lazyboy97o

I would just like to see them get rid of the toy angle so that we are helping Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger and not Buzz Lightyear Delusional Action Figure.

tizzo

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else think that it would be a great idea if they ripped out Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin and completely redid it as an E-Ticket by using the same trackless ride system that Pooh's Hunny Hunt at TDL uses?

Nooo! :eek:

Buzz Lightyear is one of our favorite rides! I think it is my wife's very favorite ride!

More seriously, there are some changes it could bear. Someone else mentioned replacing the mounted blasters with something on a cord like MIB at Universal. I'm not sure, but I've seen photos of the Disneyland equivalent (Astroblasters?) that seemed like they were in that same configuration. I'd love to see our Buzz Lightyear get that particular upgrade.

Horizons1

Nooo! :eek:

Buzz Lightyear is one of our favorite rides! I think it is my wife's very favorite ride!

More seriously, there are some changes it could bear. Someone else mentioned replacing the mounted blasters with something on a cord like MIB at Universal. I'm not sure, but I've seen photos of the Disneyland equivalent (Astroblasters?) that seemed like they were in that same configuration. I'd love to see our Buzz Lightyear get that particular upgrade.

Well that's what he means. He's not saying rip it out and never bring it back. He's saying rip it out and bring it up to snuff with all the other versions of Buzz around the world. Obviously, since ours was the foundation for those it's going to be lacking some thanks to new ideas and advancements. And I agree. I would love to see detachable guns and new special effects in our Buzz.

Maybe if we're lucky, they would put Nine-Eye into Buzz too, just like Buzz in DLP.

tizzo

Well that's what he means. He's not saying rip it out and never bring it back. He's saying rip it out and bring it up to snuff with all the other versions of Buzz around the world. Obviously, since ours was the foundation for those it's going to be lacking some thanks to new ideas and advancements. And I agree. I would love to see detachable guns and new special effects in our Buzz.

Maybe if we're lucky, they would put Nine-Eye into Buzz too, just like Buzz in DLP.

Even after rereading, it sounds to me like he's advocating a much more significant change than that, but as long as it stays mostly the same with some new effects and detachable guns I'm a "yea".

Horizonsfan

The trackless vehicles would of course be cool but would be hard to do logistically, especially because of the concept of the ride.

I'd do the following (in order of importance):

1. Remove current guns and add removable ones like the other versions.
2. Cleanup the Speedroom film
3. Open back up the TTA windows that are currently blacked out (slightly OT but still in the same space)
3. Remove current targets and add light-up ones like the other versions
4. Remove FP and enhance the queue

And adding 9-eye would be very nice.

Irrawaddy Erik

I would love to have the Disneyland version of Buzz. Removable guns and targets that light up when hit. At Disneyland its a must at least a couple times per visit, at the World I can not remember the last time I rode it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom