Recommendations for Dining at Disneyland

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm in the process of finalizing my trip to Disneyland next Spring. Haven't been to the original in several decades and need some guidance in choosing restaurants. What places would you suggest? I like Italian, Mexican, seafood. Thanks!

KeithVH

On property?
  • Steak 55 (especially breakfast)
  • Napa Rose
  • Carnation Cafe
  • Carthay Circle (lunch moreso than dinner)
  • Flo's V8 Cafe
  • Paradise Garden Grill (if you like Greek)
  • Cafe Orleans
  • Plaza Inn
  • Catal
  • Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
Those would be my top picks out of everything. And is pretty much our dining list for December.

JCtheparrothead

I am a fan of Blue Bayou but it is a bit pricey. Think San angel restaurant but with pirates of the Caribbean floating by. My other favorite and I would have to say must-visit is trader sams next to the Disneyland hotel. This is a tiki bar with a limited food menu but the good they have is pretty good for lunch or a snack.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the recommendations! Now I just have to wait until I'm 60 days out to make my dining reservations....

Tinkerfan4ever

Here are a couple of our favorites...

Tortilla Joes - Downtown Disney
Flo's V8 Cafe - California Adventure
The Plaza - Disneyland

My favorite thing about eating at Disneyland - we didn't make any reservations anywhere. When we wanted to eat, we found a place and just walked up and got a spot to eat (there was one place we could only get outside seating and decided to skip because it was hot, but you get the point!). We didn't have one single bad meal at Disneyland.

JillC LI

Just went on first trip to DL in May. I was delighted at the great array of quick service options as well. The broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl from Pacific Wharf will be remembered fondly forever by my daughter and myself!

Californian Elitist

Thanks for the recommendations! Now I just have to wait until I'm 60 days out to make my dining reservations....

You don't really need to make reservations, unless maybe you want to eat at BB. For one, there aren't many table service eateries at DL, and two, DL folk tend to go for quick service over table.

Why didn't you post this thread in the DL forum?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Original Poster
You don't really need to make reservations, unless maybe you want to eat at BB. For one, there aren't many table service eateries at DL, and two, DL folk tend to go for quick service over table.

Why didn't you post this thread in the DL forum?

Because I didn't know how.... I understand it has been moved - at least I received an alert to that affect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom