Recent stay at POP

CohibaMan

Original Poster
My family regularly visits WDW, and usually we don't stay overnight (we live an hour away in Tampa.) Occasionally though we like to make a weekend out of it and get a room. We have stayed at Boardwalk Inn, Caribbean, Both the Swan and Dolphin, and the Grand Floridian.

For this trip I decided to mix it up and try a value resort. I got an Annual Passholder rate of $89 per night. After research, mainly on these forums, I decided to go with POP. I must tell you that it was a very pleasant experience! I requested 50s section and ground floor. Ended up with a pool view too. Obviously, a value is not going to have the same level of luxury that a higher price resort, but it was nice. No table service restaurant, but I hardly ever eat at ANY resort anyway. I prefer making lunch reservations at the parks.

If you can get a room at POP for $89 per night, it should be a no brainer.

star77kc

We've stayed at Pop twice already, and loved it both times. Your right about the price. It's hard to justify spending so much more at a deluxe when your only in your room to sleep anyway. We live in Tampa too, and are however making our way across the bridge this time in December to AOA. It's our first trip with the kids and having the extra room is a big benefit!!!

popcenturylover

Yeah, we usually stay at the values.(POP & AOA) We can't justify spending tons of money to just be in the room to sleep but this time we booked at POR to avoid people coming in for POP Warner.

DaddyDisneyMan

Stayed at Pop these past 2 trips. Enjoyed it. Its now time to bump it up a notch and enjoy the finer resorts that WDW has to offer. Our last trip which was last month was nice but it seem that Pop lost that "feeling". I cant explain it, its just how I feel. When we go again this upcoming March we will be staying at Contemporary and taking it easy. We are making it a point to enjoy the pool and the resort more. We plan on taking 3 days off of the parks and relaxing.

jrab0616

We just got back from POP and we enjoyed it too! It was alot of fun. We only spent a couple hours in the afternoon there each day and about 5 hours sleeping each night, so we weren't there much, but for the price it was great!

Lisalyn

LOVE POP - my favorite of any Value. It's a fun, bright, happy resort with an awesome gift shop and food court. AND the fact that it has its own bus system is a huge plus in my book. When I book Value - this is where I stay :D

Lisalyn

By saying Pop "has it's own bus system", you mean that the buses that do stop at Pop don't stop anywhere else on the way to the parks?

Yes - that's why I love that resort! Well one of the reasons. They don't share with the All Stars.

SAV

I'm a POPer, you're a POPer, he's a POPer, she's a POPer...wouldn't you like to be a POPer too?

It's perfect for what we require on our trips if we stay on-site.

ddbowdoin

My family regularly visits WDW, and usually we don't stay overnight (we live an hour away in Tampa.) Occasionally though we like to make a weekend out of it and get a room. We have stayed at Boardwalk Inn, Caribbean, Both the Swan and Dolphin, and the Grand Floridian.

For this trip I decided to mix it up and try a value resort. I got an Annual Passholder rate of $89 per night. After research, mainly on these forums, I decided to go with POP. I must tell you that it was a very pleasant experience! I requested 50s section and ground floor. Ended up with a pool view too. Obviously, a value is not going to have the same level of luxury that a higher price resort, but it was nice. No table service restaurant, but I hardly ever eat at ANY resort anyway. I prefer making lunch reservations at the parks.

If you can get a room at POP for $89 per night, it should be a no brainer.

Makes me feel good! My wife and I are headed down this Sunday for a 6 day stay and we usually always stay at the Beach or Swan but given this is our 3rd visit in 12 months we just couldn't spring any more cash for a deluxe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom