Recent photos of River Country

Jessie&Buzz

It last operated in 2001. The company officially announced it's permanent closure in January of 2005.

For some reason I don't remember it being a choice when we were on our honeymoon in 1996. We went to Blizzard Beach. While it was fun I don't care to go back. I'm not really into waterslides. I liked the lazy river the best.

Teenchy

Looks kind of like the reflecting pool by the Washington and Lincoln monuments in DC in the movie Logan's Run.

Makes me sad too, I loved River Country as a kid.

I was thinking the same thing about Logan's Run, don't know how many people here are old enough to remember that movie.

Great "insider" photos, how about that lonely yellow innertube sitting in all that pond scum :cry: PLus I love the last picture of the "River County is Closed" sign....really:lookaroun

It could be used for a movie set of Logan's Run in Disney World!

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I was thinking the same thing about Logan's Run, don't know how many people here are old enough to remember that movie.

Great "insider" photos, how about that lonely yellow innertube sitting in all that pond scum :cry: PLus I love the last picture of the "River County is Closed" sign....really:lookaroun

It could be used for a movie set of Logan's Run in Disney World!

On that note, rumor has it that a remake of Logan's Run is in the works!

Hurricane

It's in pretty bad shape but honestly, it could be brought back with some weeding, serious chlorine in the drop slide pool and a flush of the lagoon. It's really a shame that the nanny state won't allow it. Imagine how many tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of guests swam at RC and didn't get sick.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's in pretty bad shape but honestly, it could be brought back with some weeding, serious chlorine in the drop slide pool and a flush of the lagoon. It's really a shame that the nanny state won't allow it. Imagine how many tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of guests swam at RC and didn't get sick.
Unfortunately the amoeba that is a problem in Florida doesn't just make you sick it is very often fatal.

Naegleria Infection

Tim G

Welcome to Wild Beastly Kingdom... :lookaroun

teebin

It last operated in 2001. The company officially announced it's permanent closure in January of 2005.

Well, at least it makes sense that it closed in 2001 and nothing was done with it. Perhaps they thought they might bring it back. But if official in 2005, they really need to tear it down. Just seems so the cheap/big business side of Disney to just leave all that concrete sitting there. Much like their burying 20K subs and old monorails in the ground on property. Nasty.

DigitalDisney

They need to make it a hotel pool for the Wilderness resorts (campground, lodge, villas). They could build a private road and have a tram that runs between all three resorts and RC itself.

In fact, maybe it could be free for all resort guests if they can get to the park. If they keep the really good rides over at TL and BB, then they won't lose much attendance in the process.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Original Poster
They need to make it a hotel pool for the Wilderness resorts (campground, lodge, villas). They could build a private road and have a tram that runs between all three resorts and RC itself.

In fact, maybe it could be free for all resort guests if they can get to the park. If they keep the really good rides over at TL and BB, then they won't lose much attendance in the process.

Sometimes, if the pool at Wilderness Lodge was closed down for maintenance, guests at that hotel would have free admission to River Country.

SirGoofy

Wow, real interesting pictures. I'd never been to River Country, but I've been told it paled in comparison to the other two parks. It's a real shame that land is sitting there unused.

The picture with the lonely yellow tube still in the water is so sad:( It's as if all the guests just disappeared in an instant....or maybe that's what happened with the low attendence and all:cry:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Why does this look like a slide going into the ground? Or is it THAT swampy??

6045516_1024.jpg

Hurricane

Unfortunately the amoeba that is a problem in Florida doesn't just make you sick it is very often fatal.

Naegleria Infection

From your link:

"Although Naegleria is commonly found in the environment, infection occurs rarely.

Only 24 infections were documented in the U.S. between 1989 and 2000."

Considering I've got a better chance of being struck by lightning; I'll take my chances, bring back my water park!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom