Really bad WDW info poll

wedway71

Original Poster
Ever here people talking about WDW and not know what they are talking about???
I was eating breakfast Friday at McDonalds and over heard 2 older guys talking about politics,religion,etc and WDW came up and the one guy said WDW is nuclear powered with reactors underground-lol

Has anyone else heard of silly Disney non-facts?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Well, everything except for the nuclear part is true. They do have an underground power plant that supplies part of the resorts energy. The power that they get from offsite is nuclear, so, its basically a combination of the two.

Connor002

wedway71 said:
I was eating breakfast Friday at McDonalds and over heard 2 older guys talking about politics,religion,etc and WDW came up and the one guy said WDW is nuclear powered with reactors underground-lol

Perhaps they confused the facts that WDW does have a power plant, and the fact that they have nuclear missles in MK.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
wedway71 said:

Can we make them up?

The bus drivers have their own special WDW facts school. :lol:

wedway71

Original Poster
unkadug said:
Can we make them up?

The bus drivers have their own special WDW facts school. :lol:

True,very true:lol: -Maybe those guys just came back from WDW and rode one of the buses.

ssidiouss@mac.c

My science teacher did say he knew from "working in the nuclear field" that disney does hold 2-4 active nuclear missles at a time in the magic kingdom. I think he said they were housed in the castle towers as they acted as silos.

tn1999

I heard, from someone who was confident he was right, that large air compressors shoot sheets of air into the air to block out birds.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
rumors

When I was a CP I've had people ask me when it rains why we don't "close the dome" :hammer:

~heather

CThaddeus

This is Disneyland-related, but I'm always hearing how Walt Disney's head was cryogenically frozen and now resides somewhere hidden under Disneyland.
And just to make myself look stupid - when I was a child I insisted that Disneyland had machines that could blow the clouds away so that it would never rain (of course, we usually only visited during the summer, so it seemed plausible to me). Now that I live just a few miles from the Park - and also worked there - I know just how idiotic that claim was. Maybe someday, though...

TheOneVader

Why does everyone mention the obvious nuclear balistic missiles in the Castle, but forget to mention the Surface to Air Missile battery hidden in the Rainforest Cafe's volcano? :lookaroun

Nemo14

TheOneVader said:
Why does everyone mention the obvious nuclear balistic missiles in the Castle, but forget to mention the Surface to Air Missile battery hidden in the Rainforest Cafe's volcano? :lookaroun
...I thought those were Top Secret

billybaruch1

A lady in the seats behind me on the monorail was telling her group what EPCOT means. She said it stands for “Environmental, uh... People, uh... well I’m not sure of the rest, but I think it’s something about the environment.” :brick:

AndreainNY

stupid facts

Then there is the one that the sidewalks in the parks are air-conditioned so the guests don't get too hot! (one 90 degree day at Animal Kingdom or EPCOT dispels that one!)

LeeSeeBabe

Bus Driver

Before ToT opened, A bus driver had told us that the Hollywood Tower Hotel was going to actually be a Disney Resort!! He said it was going to be all decorated like a ghost house and everything!! Of course, we had no idea about ToT back then so it sounded pretty cool and believable!!

bgraham34

AndreainNY said:
Then there is the one that the sidewalks in the parks are air-conditioned so the guests don't get too hot! (one 90 degree day at Animal Kingdom or EPCOT dispels that one!)

I have never heard this one. I might have to spread this around though. Can you imagine how much energy it would take for this to really happen.

GoldenFantasmic

Yellow Shoes said:
...and the most obvious weapon of all:

the mind control in Small World

Most of us would do anything just to

make

it

stop

And with this mind controlling device they control the fate of millions of guests. Even us cast members who work there (I hear the song in my nightmares).:fork: But just one quick pull of the plug and its over. :zipit:

MickeyTigg

AndreainNY said:

Actually...Eisner refused to spend the money on air conditioning the walkways at AK. That's why it's so much hotter there than the other parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom