Re-Do: The Movie Edition

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Walt-Disney-Posters-The-Little-Mermaid-walt-disney-characters-43411764-1853-2650.png

mermaidtales.png

This film really went away from the source and cast people that don’t look anything like the characters at all. Even Prince Eric was too old (28) and too tall (6 ft 2). Also I think Melissa McCarthy has played too many comedic roles to be seen as a villain. There's just certain roles that someone is able to take if they've made so many, many lowbrow comedies. The only casting choice I liked in the whole film was Flounders.

mckenna-grace-1170x780.jpg

McKenna Grace as Ariel

cul-ps-kathy-bates.jpg

Kathy Bates as Ursula

d4622ebb-0b62-4437-bf55-95d0ef21bae8-TWAR_2021_Unit_36393RC_EVRGRN_FINAL_IAW.JPG

J.K. Simmons as King Triton

also

Doug E. Doug as Sebastian
Jack Black as Scuttle
and Jacob Tremblay as Flounder

The Great Gonzo

Kathy Bates would have been perfect in the role. Because she is a more serious actress than Melissa McCarthy. You could really see her as the evil seawitch.

Yeah, I do think she could be seen more as a villain if Mrs. Bates played her. Whenever I see Melissa Mccarthy I think “Man she’s so cute and nice”. And this is coming from a fan of her dumb comedies like “Tammy”! The scene where she's holding up the fast food joint is hilarious.

Garfield Builder

Kathy is a bit old, but that may actually be a good thing. It might make her more creepy, because afterall old people are a bit creepy. ... Well they creep me out me out at least.
Vera Ann Farmiga would make a great Ursula, she just needs a loud "modulated" voice.
Johnny Depp would make a great King Triton for a comedic effect.
And Mylie Cyrus would make a great Ariel if she can do a pop sng that replaces "Part of Your World"

RunForestRun

Love the casting for Ariel. My grandkids dragged me to see her in Ghostbusters Afterlife.

She did a very respectable job and it was definitely much better than Melissa McCarthy’s version. Not perfect by all means, but it was watchable, which is more than I can say for the other one. She was also in a movie with Chris Evans that was real underrated.

PrinceCharming617

Seems like a good choice for Ariel. They'd probably have to use something to make her singing voice sound better. If she can't sing. Not being able to sing though doesn't stop me from singing in the shower. hahaha

The Lochness Monsta

JK Simmons would have to get pretty jacked to be Triton. But judging from the photos I've seen online it's definitely possible. He is possibly in too much though, like Melissa McCarthy. You can't do tv, movies and commercials. Look at The Rock and Kevin Hart. Both have been completely overexposed. Now you see The Rock and go "ugh him again!".

The Great Gonzo

I don't think J.K. should be Triton. But I do respect him as an actor and he would most definitely be better as Triton than Javier Bardem. But again that's not saying much because Javier was just another bad blind casting.

What did they do put names in a hat? At least Melissa McCarthy wasn't Triton. That would have been really weird.

Rambozo

I don't think J.K. should be Triton. But I do respect him as an actor and he would most definitely be better as Triton than Javier Bardem. But again that's not saying much because Javier was just another bad blind casting.

What did they do put names in a hat? At least Melissa McCarthy wasn't Triton. That would have been really weird.

He'd workout actually pretty well. He's got an awesome voice, much like the animated version too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom