RCT2: Disney parks?

tiltawhirl

Hi adr315,

As far as I know, there aren't any Disney recreations in RCT2 as of yet. Which does not surprise me in the least!;)

The new RCT2 has so much in the way of "buildable" scenery et al, that I think it will be some time until Disney Parks start showing up.

I have spent 8 hours on my Disney recreation, and I only have the grid and overlay done!(I do this to approximate how much space to use for each land, and then each attraction in all the lands)

Now with the new object editor that is out, I just can't wait for some Disney-copyright-infringing scenery to pop up, so we can make the park look...well...REALLY real.:lol:

As soon as I get mine closer to completion, I will post some screens.

tilt:wave:

WDWFREAK53

Ok, compared to RCT1...how much better is RCT2???

I LOVE RCT1 and I was one of the many that was addicted...

on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) What would you rate RCT1 and RCT2 (I'm still not sure if the differences are enough for me going out and buying it yet)

WDWspider

The Thrill is gone

For some reason I cannot get into this version like I did the others. I remember countless nights of no sleep when I bought RCT, but now I think I stayed up late a couple nights, and play only if I get the time now, so... eh. It's better, but no major improvements, the same, just more of everything, and a few nice new features and game scenarios, but...

Yellow Shoes

Spidey (may I call you that? I know we haven't known each other long...)--that was exactly what I wanted to know.

My 8 year old has a serious addiction to RCT 1 and has been after me for #2. I wondered if it was just "more of the same" or radically different.

He has by no means mastered #1, so now I have a good reason not to get #2 (at least until it goes in the bargin bin for $9.99)

WDWspider

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Spidey (may I call you that? I know we haven't known each other long...)--that was exactly what I wanted to know.

My 8 year old has a serious addiction to RCT 1 and has been after me for #2. I wondered if it was just "more of the same" or radically different.

He has by no means mastered #1, so now I have a good reason not to get #2 (at least until it goes in the bargin bin for $9.99)

If you want an alternative, get the Loopy Landscapes/Corkscrew Follies Expansion Pack for RCT 1 (unless you have them already). It will add a lot more challenges and many new rides and themes... plus it should be $14.99 now a days.

Yes, you may call me Spidey... shoesy. :lol:

Another suggestion... try Zoo Tycoon, the game mechanics are nearly the same as RCT only you have a new concept, management of zoo animals. I enjoy this game right now. It should be around $20 or $25 I think.

Egged

Honostly, I perfer the LL expansion pack for RCT1 then RCT2 itself.It just does too much less to please the enthusiast, but I guess a kid would enjoy it better.Anyway, I will supply a link to Disney Parks for RCT1 if asked for.

WDW-Imagineer

I have some mixed feelings about RCT2.

For the length of time we had to wait between Loopy Landscapes & the release of RCT2, there should have been MUCH more in the game. Although there are some features that I really like. One is the Wall & Roof feature. The feature can be the one thing that makes the new version of RCT2-Disney parks much better than the RCT versions. Something I have noticed with the older RCT-Disney parks is that the attemp to create buildings & roofs make the parks very, very sloppy. Hopefully the new features will make it a bit easier to create.

In time I'm positive Disney parks will be created. Before that can happen, I think we'll need to see some more trainers to make the building process that much easier.

PuertoRekinSam

If you want a change, I would suguest DISNEY COASTER. It's a stand alone from Ultimate ride. You can build in Fronteerland Toon Town ect. You want to throw in a Castle or Spaceship earth you can. Want to ride your ride from the front seat? That is an option too.

no guest to control, but you get much more freedom with this title

Sir Hiss527

Originally posted by Egged
Honostly, I perfer the LL expansion pack for RCT1 then RCT2 itself.It just does too much less to please the enthusiast, but I guess a kid would enjoy it better.Anyway, I will supply a link to Disney Parks for RCT1 if asked for.

Would you supply a link for me dude? If yo would that would great. Thanks.

-Sir Hiss-

Al

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
If you want a change, I would suguest DISNEY COASTER. It's a stand alone from Ultimate ride. You can build in Fronteerland Toon Town ect. You want to throw in a Castle or Spaceship earth you can. Want to ride your ride from the front seat? That is an option too.

no guest to control, but you get much more freedom with this title

i have ultimate ride, but i dont think disney coaster is available over here!!! :(

Dandyboing

Originally posted by spider-man
Another suggestion... try Zoo Tycoon, the game mechanics are nearly the same as RCT only you have a new concept, management of zoo animals. I enjoy this game right now. It should be around $20 or $25 I think.

*agrees*
Usually one of those scenarios can take me hours upon hours, as I like to make the pens perfect for the animals, yet nice looking (I'm a neatness freak :D), and the zoo *needs* you there running in constantly. One of the RCT scenarios can take me 4 hours to get everything running, then I can just go get on with my life and do other things while the time is running out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom