RCT II: Let the speculation begin

radioandy

Original Poster
Now that we know the sequel is coming out, what do you think we should expect? Is this a glorified expansion of RCT as we know it, or a complete overhaul? The press release is pretty vague. It mentions a "tuned ride creation system" that sounds interesting...but what does that mean?
Will our RCT creations be playable on RCT2?
Personally, as much as I like RCT I'm hoping for something a little different.
I guess we'll find out more at E3 time, which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

NowInc

Since Sawyer isnt a 3D programmer..you can expect the game to still be Sprite based...but with a much more powerfull engine that allows for a lot more things at once. I know he used to "lurk" over at some disscussion forums about RCT and took note of what people were suggesting..i made a few...such as::

Steet Vendors
Food Stands that sell more than one thing
The usual coaster stuff..such as under water tunnels..more types of tracks..etc...

radioandy

Original Poster
One thing I'd like to see is smarter peeps! I have problems with guests getting lost once the park reaches a certain size, or if there are too many paths (or wide paths). I noticed that on Zoo Tycoon, guests travel from attraction to attraction, even ignoring the paths at times. But RCT peeps seem to go randomly from tile to tile (unless they're headed for a particular ride), which is why they walk in circles on large wide paths.
The result is you have to make all peeps walk single file thru the park, which causes crowding and doesn't look realistic. I'd like to have a big wide "entrance plaza," but the dumb peeps won't ever find the rides!!

Testtrack321

A parde option. Have lots of costume characters on their parading around. One that they did mention is sceanario editor. Very good. Another are live shows and fireworks. Also some EMV rides. Also, a omnimover system. Add to that more hooks than the orgional.

E3, E3, E3, E3, E3, E3.......:D

NowInc

I dont remember where I read it..but a Scenario editor is confirmed for RCT2...so thats good ;)

It will be at E3 (also confirmed) but in "closed sessions"..so the chances of someone sneaking a pic or video out early are slim to none :(

radioandy

Original Poster
Dang, sounds like we'll have to wait and buy it to find out the new features! I think my #1 wish is that custom music will be supported, without a patch, and preferably in mp3 format. I'd love to share all my Disney music I've added to my RCT, but as wav files they're too huge to upload anywhere.
The music is one of the best features of the game. I built a Rockin' Roller Coaster that plays Aerosmith, and when the ride malfunctions, Steven Tyler slows to a screeching crawl!

radioandy

Original Poster
Walthimself...has your head been in cryogenic stasis for the past week??? :animwink:

Read the other posts in this forum about RCT II. One of them has the official press release about the game, to be released in the fall.

Testtrack321

Another would be online capabilites, such as making a WDW on the internet. Hace a little guy walk around with your name. He will ride the rides, spend money, and leave and go to other parks under your controll.

BAM

question:

Is Chrissawyer good at getting his games out on time? They say it will be released in the fall, but with no pictures and no details on the game I wonder how far the game is complete. Why won't he release previews and pictures?

radioandy

Original Poster
Here's my optimistic answer...it's a marketing strategy based on the premise that we're all out here dying to buy RCT2, which is probably true!
In this case (this case being the fact that RCT is STILL one of the hottest selling games, and needs no introduction to PC gamers) it's probably best to let the anticipation build for a while, before flooding the internet with what's to come. The more info we have on the new game...the more we'll start to critique and wish there were more new features...and by the fall we may have decided to hold on to the 40 bucks or so.
You make a good point though...it's odd we're hearing the first of a new game, likely the new best-seller, that's set to ship in only 4 months or so. Fingers crossed....

radioandy

Original Poster
Correct me if I'm worng somebody....but I think the game scenarios are the challenges you face with each pre-loaded park, like "get a park rating of 90 with 500 guests by year 3 at Forest Frontiers."
I'm assuming a scenario editor will allow you to create your own park and challenge, then probably upload it to the rct2 website for others to try and win.

MajinBuu

radio is exactly correct... I just hope this time around there will be a lot more rides to choose from!!!! and d/ling tracks is a little easier... so now this makes 2 BIG games I have to look forward to!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom