Rare Characters

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Aside from Disney having a big amount of Rare characters I've noticed Universal has a few that they don't seem to bring out that use to roam around when the park first opened...I remember when they had the Grand Opening special and they showed quite a few characters...Such as..

Zero & Beetle Bailey
5532912530_96a1d59f35_b.jpg

Rocky & Bullwinkle
3306639769_e16023c3e6_b.jpg

Bimbo
latest

And I'm dissapointed they decided to do the Face Character Route to Popeye & Olive..IMO The Character versions were Much better...
Popeye1-2.jpg

But, was there any more? I'm referring to Seuss, Lost Continent, Marvel Super Hero island and the Studios Face & Fur characters..Etc...I've checked Kennythepirates site but, only had a few..

Skip

They still bring out Bullwinkle occasionally. I don't see Winnie Woodpecker much anymore.

They used to have "Guy" (the gray other character from Green Eggs and Ham). There was a face character version of Betty Boop at one point. Chilly Willy hasn't been seen in over a decade. Crash Bandicoot was an interesting character out in the mid-2000s, when Uni acquired the property.

Other rare but actual chance-of-seeing ones include the expanded Scooby gang (Fred, Velma, Daphne) and Marty McFly. They have a fabulous Lucy that I believe is only portrayed by a single actress.

Obviously there are characters we aren't ever going to see again - stuff like the non-Scooby Hanna-Barbara and Nickelodeon characters.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'm pretty sure Rocky, Bimbo, and Bluto are permanently gone.
Let's see... Bullwinkle, Winnie Woodpecker, Beetle Bailey and Zero, Marty McFly, Ricky Ricardo, Guy, Fred, Daphne, and Velma, Boris and Natasha... I think that's it. I suppose, if there were demand, Ian Malcolm, John Hammond, and Dr. Grant could pop up again, but it'd take some doing.

brb1006

They still bring out Bullwinkle occasionally. I don't see Winnie Woodpecker much anymore.

They used to have "Guy" (the gray other character from Green Eggs and Ham). There was a face character version of Betty Boop at one point. Chilly Willy hasn't been seen in over a decade. Crash Bandicoot was an interesting character out in the mid-2000s, when Uni acquired the property.

Other rare but actual chance-of-seeing ones include the expanded Scooby gang (Fred, Velma, Daphne) and Marty McFly. They have a fabulous Lucy that I believe is only portrayed by a single actress.

Obviously there are characters we aren't ever going to see again - stuff like the non-Scooby Hanna-Barbara and Nickelodeon characters.
I remember seeing Woody Woodpecker waving outside the entrance to Universal Studios in Spring 2015. Winnie on the other hand.

champdisney

Watched Ted 2 for the first time last night. Hilarious movie, I highly recommend it. However, back on topic. There is a scene in the movie where all the characters wind up at Comic-Con. Everyone knows that Comic-Con is the place where fans go to cosplay, though, I did notice that there were some great quality-theme park costumes. All of which were characters you'll expect to see at Toon Lagoon. Such as Bluto, Beetle Bailey and Dennis the Menace among others. (I may have to rewatch to see if I missed any others) Still, all the characters looked fresh and ready to use and... it's a Universal film.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Another face character was reintroduced recently out on the Studio side and that is Marilyn Monroe. She does a small musical number and dance followed with a M&G over in the New York Section of the park
marilyn-monroe-and-dancers-at-universal-studios-florida-620x316.jpg

A small preview of the show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom