Random Thoughts

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
Just got back from 1 night at Jambo House, 4 nights at BLT. Some random thoughts:

1) PICK UP THE PHONE: While at the Art of Disney at Downtown Disney, I saw a $70 "enchanted rose." I decided I would call and order it as a surprise for my husband the next day. No one picked up the phone. When I got through to the Art of Disney at Epcot, they said "oh, the Downtown Disney people never pick up their phone." Shout out to Lora at the Contemporary Concierge desk, who kept calling for over an hour until they picked up. A few days later I (in a typical bonehead move) left my wallet at Sci-Fi Dine In. I didn't notice until when I just arrived at the Vacation Club offices at Saratoga Springs. Again, no one picked up the phone when I called Sci-Fi Dine In. I had to go back in person (and thankfully, it was there). Why don't folks pick up their phones?

2) PAGING MR. MORROW. MR. TOM MORROW: This line has been deleted from Tomorrowland Transit Authority / People Mover. Very sad. Also, seems like something on this ride has changed for the worse. Had at least a good minute where we were moving through the dark, with no sounds.

3) MONORAIL ISSUES? This was my first time back in a little over a year, but it seemed to me like less monorails were running. Anyone else have this experience? We waited 10 minutes for the Epcot monorail, and then 15 minutes to grab a resort monorail at TTC.

4) ATTRACTIONS: We thought the Finding Nemo musical at AK was AMAZING! As usual, Philharmagic was among our favorites. I wasn't such a fan of the new version of Hall of Presidents. Is it me, or did more of the Presidents have "speaking roles" in previous versions?

5) WORLD SHOWCASE. Only American (and not Japanese) versions of Transformers are sold at the Japan pavilion, which we thought was lame. How cool would it be if another pavilion were added? We were thinking one of Russia, India, or Greece.

I'm also going to submit posts on dining and DVC, but thought I would throw these out there to see what folks think.

Hot4Hudgens

Wow. You really went that long without getting through to 2 separate places? That's unacceptable. There are going to be some areas in terms of customer service that are going to be hit and miss, but calling a certain place and getting someone on the other end of the line to help you out is as basic as it gets.

_Scar

Glad you liked Nemo at least! (= It's my favorite show there!

I've had some trouble with the Art of Disney myself... so far nothing I've bought there was made it home. =/ ugh

Purple413

I am also very sad about the Mr. Tom Morrow line being eliminated. Of course, I still call it the WEDWay People Mover. Some things should not be changed or messed with!!!

Figment632

Just got back from 1 night at Jambo House, 4 nights at BLT. Some random thoughts:

1) PICK UP THE PHONE: While at the Art of Disney at Downtown Disney, I saw a $70 "enchanted rose." I decided I would call and order it as a surprise for my husband the next day. No one picked up the phone. When I got through to the Art of Disney at Epcot, they said "oh, the Downtown Disney people never pick up their phone." Shout out to Lora at the Contemporary Concierge desk, who kept calling for over an hour until they picked up. A few days later I (in a typical bonehead move) left my wallet at Sci-Fi Dine In. I didn't notice until when I just arrived at the Vacation Club offices at Saratoga Springs. Again, no one picked up the phone when I called Sci-Fi Dine In. I had to go back in person (and thankfully, it was there). Why don't folks pick up their phones?

2) PAGING MR. MORROW. MR. TOM MORROW: This line has been deleted from Tomorrowland Transit Authority / People Mover. Very sad. Also, seems like something on this ride has changed for the worse. Had at least a good minute where we were moving through the dark, with no sounds.

3) MONORAIL ISSUES? This was my first time back in a little over a year, but it seemed to me like less monorails were running. Anyone else have this experience? We waited 10 minutes for the Epcot monorail, and then 15 minutes to grab a resort monorail at TTC.

4) ATTRACTIONS: We thought the Finding Nemo musical at AK was AMAZING! As usual, Philharmagic was among our favorites. I wasn't such a fan of the new version of Hall of Presidents. Is it me, or did more of the Presidents have "speaking roles" in previous versions?

5) WORLD SHOWCASE. Only American (and not Japanese) versions of Transformers are sold at the Japan pavilion, which we thought was lame. How cool would it be if another pavilion were added? We were thinking one of Russia, India, or Greece.

I'm also going to submit posts on dining and DVC, but thought I would throw these out there to see what folks think.

There is one less monorail because one was totaled in the accident.

DizneyPryncess

I was really sad that "Paging Mr. Tom Morrow" was removed - that was one of my favorite Disney World quotes. I agree that some things should not be changed!

That's very frustrating what you went through w/the CM's not answering the phones. The only time I had that problem with Disney was when I left a message with the cake hotline & never heard back. I ended up calling the resort directly, so it was fine, but I know the frustration.

Greece would be an awesome addition to the World Showcase!! :)

LoriMistress

That's crappy that Mr. Tom Morrow has been edited from TTA. :( As for CM not answering the phones, I would at least address this with Disney directly.

Courtney1188

Very sad about the TTA Tom Morrow line being removed :(

As far as the phone issue goes, definitely something to take up with corporate. I know that in the store I work in I always have customers coming in yelling at me for being on hold too long, not answering the phone, etc. But they need to take it up with corporate rather than yelling at the powerless line-level employees, because when I'm helping two customer pick a TV at once and have a few other groups waiting for help once I'm done, and then the phone starts ringing...it can get pretty difficult/overwhelming.

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
What was frustrating about it, especially with the Art of Disney, is that according to the CM at the Epcot Art of Disney store, the Downtown Disney store is "known" for not picking up the phone. So, sounds like an issue with the managers at that particular store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom