Trip Report Rain, rain go away! The Miller family wants to play! (COMPLETE)

This trip was planned after one of the most stressful years of our married life. A multitude of bumps in road of life had left us worn out and in need of some Disney magic. The worst of which was a cancer scare in the late Spring that, by the grace of God, turned out to be a false alarm. I received the all-clear and low and behold Disney released free dining shortly thereafter. Divine intervention, perhaps?! :)
We booked at Caribbean Beach Resort for Thursday, September 24-Thursday October 1 with free dining, 3 day park tickets and MNSSHP tickets for Sunday. We wanted to take this trip much slower than our previous ones to allow for more time to enjoy the resort, pools and Downtown. We decided to drive this time to save some money and after much consideration, opted to drive straight through from Ohio overnight. Was it a wise decision? Stay tuned to find out!
Here is the cast of characters:
2013 disney.jpg

Me, SweetEvangeline, lover of all things Pinocchio, my sweet DH, MouseFreak, lover of all things Disney-related, and our beautiful 13 year old special needs daughter, Grace, lover of…well, that changes frequently, but her most favorite part of any trip is the pool time! Here we go....

DisSplash

I just loved your report, and how you capped it off -- you are so right that Disney can rejuvenate your soul! But I think it's not just Disney that does that ... It's also people like you who share their Disney stories, experiences, and milestones. We are all just trying to get along in life as best as we can and knowing that we all can stop the madness and stresses of the 'everyday' and step into a place of nostalgia and 'pixie dust' where we and our families can really truly enjoy time together, be silly, play, and really connect with each other -- and ourselves (which is oh so important lest we forget who we really are) -- keeps us (me!) going.
That's why I keep reading these boards! .... And planning ..... and booking .......... and scheming up ways to get back to that Magic!

But you cannot know how happy I am to have read your Disney story, and all about Grace and her milestones ... that's the Disney magic I crave! It also looks as if she and Mike W. are going to be inseparable!! :)

SweetEvangeline

Original Poster
I just loved your report, and how you capped it off -- you are so right that Disney can rejuvenate your soul! But I think it's not just Disney that does that ... It's also people like you who share their Disney stories, experiences, and milestones. We are all just trying to get along in life as best as we can and knowing that we all can stop the madness and stresses of the 'everyday' and step into a place of nostalgia and 'pixie dust' where we and our families can really truly enjoy time together, be silly, play, and really connect with each other -- and ourselves (which is oh so important lest we forget who we really are) -- keeps us (me!) going.
That's why I keep reading these boards! .... And planning ..... and booking .......... and scheming up ways to get back to that Magic!

But you cannot know how happy I am to have read your Disney story, and all about Grace and her milestones ... that's the Disney magic I crave! It also looks as if she and Mike W. are going to be inseparable!! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words. The best part of being a parent is sharing our sweet girl with everyone else!

fractal

We love the boat that runs from HS to Epcot, but I had forgotten how long it takes. I think the first time we took it, we sat in the back near the open part and it was a little more comfortable. This time we were at the front and it was hot and stuffy. The boat makes several stops in between, but it does make for a relaxing ride as long as the boat stays in motion and the breeze continues. Soon enough, we arrived at the back door of Epcot and we were on our way in. I honestly cannot remember what all we did that night, but I know that we decided very early to get our spot staked for Illuminations. The wheelchair area we had been in several nights earlier was blocked off for a dessert party, so we headed closer to Mexico and found a spot right along the fence. The park was extremely crowded so we were happy to have found a good spot. Grace and I hung out while Dennis took off to make sure there wasn't a better location somewhere else. He tried to stop at Karamel Kuche to bring us back a caramel corn treat, but he said the line was huge so he gave up. Oh well. I didn't need anything else to eat anyway. He did stop and get us a watermelon sangria that was really tasty! We had a great conversation with the couple standing next to us the entire time we were waiting. They were at Epcot for the day just to participate in Food and Wine booths. They ate and drank around the world. That sounds like so much fun, but I don't think I could stomach all of that heavy food and alcohol in the heat. We don't drink much typically, so I am not sure that plan is for us. It was really fun hearing all about it, though. They were so sweet and we had a lovely conversation. They ended up beside us on the walk out, too. Funny how that happens.

So that is it, my friends. It was a very relaxed, low-key vacation for the Miller Family. Despite several days of rain, blisters on my toes, and falling off the weight watchers wagon in a bad way, the memories we have from these 7 days together will last a lifetime. Disney has a very special way of helping us leave behind the troubles of life and rejuvenating our souls.

We are discussing the option of doing an adult-only Disney cruise in 2017. Until then, we will live vicariously through others. :)

Thank you for letting us share our memories with others who understand our love and devotion to Disney!

Thanks for sharing your very enjoyable report! You may have fallen off the WW wagon but I'm sure you burned much of it off.

slipperalwaysfits

I am so glad your family got a wonderful vacation where your souls were rejuvinated!! That's what Disney is for! Even though you sometimes feel like you're rushing from one place to the other, you just stop for a second, take in all the magic and suddenly, all the mundane stuff of life back home is worth it! So fun reading your trip report and I hope you and Grace and DH get another amazing vacation soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom