"Quiet" Restaurant?

Missy_May

I'm in the early stages of planning our vacation for next October. We'll be there over my sister-in-law's birthday and she has requested a "quiet" restaurant for her birthday dinner so we can all talk. There will be eight of us, five adults and my three girls who will be 11, 9, and 7. We will be on the dining plan and won't want anything that would take two table service credits. Any suggestions?

DisneyFreak

Are you looking for a restaurant in the parks or resorts? Here are some suggestions:

Spice Road Table in Morocco at Epcot
Olivia's at Old Key West
The Plaza at MK
Kona Cafe at Polynesian Village
Grand Floridian Cafe at Grand Floridian

Upvote 0

Minnesota disney fan

I have found that Coral Reef used to be very noisy. Even the waiters couldn't hear themselves think, and everyone was shouting the 3 times we tried it. It used to be a quiet lovely restaurant, but when the dining plan opened it up, it got really noisy. I think the acoustics in there were not meant for large noisy crowds. That's just my opinion, but we have crossed it off the list. Haven't been back to CR in at least 5 years, so maybe they have the noise level worked out?
My choice? I haven't found any to be really quiet. There are families everywhere (surprise:). I would probably go for Kona if it was me.

Upvote 0

YachtClubAdamUK

Having recently got back from a two week stay during October I would definitely recommend eating at a resort hotel restaurant rather than a park restaurant if you are looking for a quiet meal. We found that eating at Grand Floridian Cafe was a great option as it's easy to get to from MK, also we did spend a lot of time at Disney's Boardwalk as we were staying at the Yacht Club and I can recommend Trattoria Al Forno as this is easy to get to from Epcot. We had really great meals at both, each only requiring 1 TS credit, much quieter than a park restaurant and both we will be going back on our next stay.

Upvote 0

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Having recently got back from a two week stay during October I would definitely recommend eating at a resort hotel restaurant rather than a park restaurant if you are looking for a quiet meal. We found that eating at Grand Floridian Cafe was a great option as it's easy to get to from MK, also we did spend a lot of time at Disney's Boardwalk as we were staying at the Yacht Club and I can recommend Trattoria Al Forno as this is easy to get to from Epcot. We had really great meals at both, each only requiring 1 TS credit, much quieter than a park restaurant and both we will be going back on our next stay.

I will second this exact statement-recently stayed at Yacht Club, and walked over to Epcot. Had lunch at Trattoria and it was a great meal and quiet. Have also eaten at the GF Cafe in the past, and had also found that it was a nice meal and on the quieter side.

Edit: so sorry! Confused Tutto Italia (where I went, and do recommend) with Trattoria! Haven't tried Trattoria but I hear good things about it too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jedi Stitch

Sometimes I guess it depends on the time you go. The Coral Reef was quiet to me. I guess any of the non-character, and non-themed like 50s diner and such should be fine. I have partial hearing loss form Iraq, so I am not much of a gauge.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

One suggestion I have (or at least, something that's helped me gauge noise levels in the past): once you've got it narrowed down, search for the restaurants you're considering on Youtube, and "listen in" on a few different people's videos of their meals there, to see the range of volume that you might expect.

As others suggested, however, avoiding character/buffet meals, and favoring upscale resort dining, is a good rule of thumb to follow.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

I think your best bet would be to check out restaurants located at one of Disney's resorts.

Grand Floridian Cafe (GFR)
Las Ventana's (CSR)
Olivia's (OKW)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)
Trattoria al Forno (BWR)
Turf Club (SSR)
Wave (CR)

~edit~ After reading a few post I wanted to give my two cents on some places that were given as suggestions: Kona Cafe and Whispering Canyon are anything but quiet. Kona Cafe sits on the 2nd floor above the lobby in the main building of the Polynesian and tends to have a lot of foot traffic coming and going from the Monorail. Plus Tambu Lounge and O'hana are right next door and there always seems to be lots of people spilling over from the bar waiting to be seated in either of the restaurants. Whispering Canyon is just plain obnoxious and the waitstaff are told to be annoying and play around with their tables. Hardly a quiet dining experience!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom