Quickie news and pix 8/21

TimeTrip

Original Poster
So i stopped in at disney today, and I thought I'd share my pix with you all. As stated by istcrew, the tomorrowland globe is in fact up:
tomorrowlandglobe.jpg

The stitch shields have been put back, and I grabbed a decent picture this time:
stitchshield2.jpg

Also as mentioned by a few others, the main sign has been put up for SGE
stitchsign.jpg

As you can tell from the photos (EDIT: well not since i cropped them!), a storm was rolling in.. lucky me I got to ride the TTA rapids....
ttarain1.jpg

ttarain2.jpg

ttarain3.jpg

It was fun, we got stopped twice. I had never been stopped on the TTA before, to the backwards movement of 3 or 4 feet caught me by surprise. One of the stops also happened to be inside space mountain.. while the lights were on :).

Moving on, it was reported that the 20k wall has been expanded. Yup, its true:
20kblocking1.jpg

20kblocking2.jpg

20kblocking3.jpg

20kblocking4.jpg

20kblocking5.jpg

No more peeking over the wall! :(

I took a quick run over to Epcot. The "news feed" at the top of SE now shows homes ripped up, destruction of roads, a tornado, and other similar items.

Here is the missing canopy at TT:
ttcanopy.jpg

Something was going on with the tops of the JIYI pyramids. You can also see soarin to the left
jiyitops1.jpg

jiyitops2.jpg

Finally, here is a pic of soarin from canada
soarin1.jpg

On the way out of epcot, I caught the fountain going to a song. It seemed REALLY lethargic. The big big fountains in the middle didn't work, and it seemed like barely any of the perimeter cannons that aim inwards were working correctly.

SirNim

Wow... wonderful pictoral update! :sohappy:

Glad am I to see the return of the Tomorrowland entrance sign globe.
And yes, something odd (perhaps a standard washing?) is going on with the pinnacles of the Imagination! pyramids...
Also am I not too happy to hear about the lethargy associated with the Fountain of Nations. Let's hope it's a temporary problem, or one due to the weather, and that the problem is quickly remedied! :)

PhotoDave219

When asked months ago about the Imagination Pavilion, it has something to do with the window caulking/glazing (whatever) replacement that was happening earlier this year, like over Spring Break time.

Chape19714

OMG! I can't believe you were there today! I was at the MK and MGM today. lol. I was just gonna post an update (which i probally will). Where did you wait out the storm? I was under the old Skyway station in Tomorrowland (look for the thread on that too!) Man, I always seem to be there the same time as some of u guys, but never seem to see you! ugg! Hopefully i can come to the meet!

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Acutally... i was in the tomorrowland arcade playing DDR... as I usually do when I'm caught in a rain storm at the MK :(.

Chape19714

brisem said:
Great Pixs. How crowded was it today?

pretty crowded. i know u did not ask me, but as i said i was there! lol

30 min for Snow White
45 for Pooh
45 for Buzz
50 for A.O.

MGM...
30 for great movie ride
30 for ToT
50 for RnRC
stuff like that.

General Grizz

BwanaBob said:
Whats with the 'new' dome over the Tomorrowland entrance?

Whats wrong?...the old one too good enough? Oh, I get it!... cutting more costs!
The old one probably is too difficult to clean every 2 years (bird ________ really does a number on the plexi!) ...so lets make it less-bird-friendly.

:rolleyes: Won't anything stay the way it was?

GRIZZ! HELP!

(new campaign... Save the Tomorrowland Dome!)

(/rant)
Wait...what's the problem exactly? It doesn't look too different to me. :confused:

DarkMeasures

BwanaBob said:
The old dome was just that...a large dome that enclosed the entire top, with the exception on the little 'light-spheres' on the four corners...
Remember the strobe light that reflected in the dome every few seconds?
(*tries to dig up old photo*)

I consider ye to be a weird one. Oh well.

BwanaBob

DarkMeasures said:
I consider ye to be a weird one. Oh well.
I'll have you know that even the best of us can slip every now and then!

Pretty soon I'll start rambling stuff like:

I don't see whats wrong with JIYI!

or...

Let's get rid of CoP!

You may all 'Baker-Act' me if I post like this!...Just promise you'll all come visit every now and then!

wow. I really need to read these things before I hit 'enter'!

Ringo8n24

Still raining there at Disney? What? You guys have had about a week or so of rain or is this just a coincidence it is raining in these recent pics?

MKCP 1985

Ringo8n24 said:
Still raining there at Disney? What? You guys have had about a week or so of rain or is this just a coincidence it is raining in these recent pics?

It is still summertime in central Florida, Ringo! Plan on afternoon showers when the built up heat interacts with the moist cooler air blowing inland from either the Atlantic or the Gulf. Rains can hit any summer day June through August, as I recall.

Thanks for the photos and the NEWS, TimeTrip!

Ringo8n24

MKCP 1986 said:
It is still summertime in central Florida, Ringo! Plan on afternoon showers when the built up heat interacts with the moist cooler air blowing inland from either the Atlantic or the Gulf. Rains can hit any summer day June through August, as I recall.

Thanks for the photos and the NEWS, TimeTrip!

Oh, I know MKCP. You and I are in the same neck of the woods. It just seems that lately everytime I look at the Epcot webcam, it is raining there. I am all ready to bring my poncho because I know those showers are going to pop up each evening in September. ;)

WDWEric

when we were there last summer it rained every afternoon, good time to eat luch or go back to your resort and take a nap!!

mrtoad

WDWEric said:
when we were there last summer it rained every afternoon, good time to eat luch or go back to your resort and take a nap!!

Or hit the best attractions when everyone else does what you do. :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom