Quick Trip to MK - 3/8

mhcueball2

Original Poster
First, extra hour of light today was awesome. Sorry if any of this is old...I can't keep up with the latest updates around here.

Buzz Lightyear - looks like the paint in the queue was touched up...great job. Last time we were there a lot of paint was chipped and small scrapes in the wall. However, broke down about 3 times while on it...the railings came up twice. We were shooting away, but all the scores gotted wiped away when the railings went up...DOH!

POTC - chickens were back chasing each other around in a little circle...next to Jack Sparrow in the barrel. Thats been gone for awhile.

Cosmic Ray's - Bay 3 under refurbishment. Sonny Eclipse looks great back in action and more "peppy".

YOMD still hanging around, mostly just popcorn barrels. Most of the paperware and bags are Celebrate themed.

THINGS WITH PICS!

The bathroom is open between Star Traders and Auntie Gravity's. The concrete is about 1-2 inches higher in that area, so there are cheap wood ramps for a smooth transition.
bathroom_1.jpg

bathroom_2.jpg

Walls up around the rock-work by the noodle station:
rock_1.jpg

rock_2.jpg

Hall of Presidents has nice-try-to-match-background scrim:
hall_1.jpg

No more stroller parking next to Haunted Mansion. Have to go across the street next to Columbia Harbour House:
mansion_1.jpg

Poor ol' Galaxy Theater is now just another concrete wasteland (pic taken over TTA wall):
galaxy_1.jpg

And some updated pics for Stitch:
stitch_10.jpg

stitch_11.jpg

The "circular portal" in the front-middle of the stage was covered up by a wooden box, but from my previous pics, there obviously is a tunnel (not utilidor) and someone's going to be popping up and down from there.
stitch_12.jpg

That's it.

goodtimes5286

awww wth, i was there on the 6th and not only was buzz not up (but on the 1st it was :confused:), the bathrooms wernt open, I still think there was stroller parking in front of HM (and wheel chair parking around the side right as you get out of the exit), there was nothing on those rocks around the noodlestation, it was just closed AND that metal sheet over the new stitch ride wasnt up

wow in 2 days i missed a LOT, go Disney, way to move quick!

devoy1701

I hope they quickly fix that horrible wooden ramp at the restrooms.

I'm guessing that they raised the concrete as a first step to fix the drainage problem around Tomorrowland during the summer storms??? I bet the center walkway will soon be raised as well to allow the water to run off instead of building up.

Stitch's new stage show area should also help drainage...hopefully they'll do something about the area around Rockettower Plaza soon...unless the lake that appears during the summer is intentional...

goodtimes5286

sunday 3/1 pretty crouded, i the was a lot of groups (volleyball players etc), friday 3/8 pretty nice, longest wait time was 20 minutes, but in acutuality it was more like 10, fastpasses stayed in the machine till an hour and a half before the park closed (which is a god send b/c usually they are gone instantaniously)

mhcueball2

Original Poster
On 3/9, it seemed really crowded, but fastpasses were available pretty much through out the day and weren't gone by noon. When we left around 10pm, the express monorail was all the way down the ramp and wrapped around to the gate where the little gift shop is. Never saw it that long before...so we took the ferry :)

On a side note, one of my favorites is of course Space Mountain, but the more I go on it before it closes, the more I'm all for a nice update. It smells and just needs a good job on it. Just don't touch the music!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom