Quick Town Car Question

CaptChris

Original Poster
We have reservations with a local town car company in central Florida to pick us up from the airport. My sister is flying separately and is arriving 15 minutes after us. We are scheduled to arrive in the same terminal so that should simplify things greatly.

I have never used a town car company. How would they handle this, in the event that one of our flights is delayed just a little bit, i.e. less than 30 minutes or so? They have my flight info, but not hers.

I just don't want confusion if one of us arrives sooner or later. I still want to use the town car service as we have no need to rent a car.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you use a towncar service like Quicksilver, you do not have to worry. I just did this with a friend of mine that was flying in about 20 mins. befreo I was. She walked over to my baggage claim and waited for us. Our flight ended up being delayed, so I called Gregory and let him know and he took care of everything.

Pam

jesserin

I ditto Kingdom Konsultant - I just used Quicksilver a few weeks ago with the exact same situation - in fact we made it more difficult by flying in seperate but getting picked up at the same time - very confusing - but Gregory handled it with ease - they take each step in stride and offer excellant customer service - I have recommended them many times before and will procede to do so with confidence! Hope this helps!

CaptChris

Original Poster
I may change companies

I am currently booked with Tiffany Towncar, but if all of you have had great luck in working things out like this with Quicksilver, I may have to switch. Their rates are comparable, and Quicksilver is the sponsor for this forum.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've used them (TT) in the past and did not like their service at all. I know that there are others on here who had the same type of experience.

Pam

CaptChris

Original Poster
Thanks Pam!

Thanks Pam for your advice! I e-mailed TT to cancel, and made reservations with Quicksilver. This site has been a wealth of information, and the help never ends!

Since you are a TA could you answer me a quick question. We are planning to use our grocery stop prior to arriving at the Pop Century. We have a two year old son who literally inhales milk! What should we do with the perishables we purchase if they are going to be in the luggage room for a few hours? Do you suggest a cooler or is there a possibility our room with a fridge will be ready approx. 11:00 am?

jesserin

Hey Capt Chris -

Not to steal KingdomKonsultants thunder - but I'm also a TA and can help you answer this -

The Value Resorts do not offer complimentary fridge services- so your best bet is to purchase a foam cooler (very inexpensive) and a bag of ice at the grocery store - the store that Quicksilver takes you to is usually a Harris Teeter or Piggly Wiggly - we've been to both - Either of these grocery stores offer the coolers and you can get ice - this way you'll be able to keep the milk cold. Also just to let you know, if you've requested a fridge in your room that is a request only and is not guarenteed to be available - so the cooler may be your only option the entire trip - It doesn't happen often that they run out - but it has happened in the past - and you don't want spoiled milk on your hands - Ice is free and available on each floor by the elevators at Pop - Have fun! Glad you booked with Quicksilver - I can't say anything for TT but I can recommend Quicksilver!

CaptChris

Original Poster
Thanks very much jesserin! I thought that is what we would need to do, i.e. buy a foam cooler. We are very excited about this trip as it will be the first for us as a complete family!

jesserin

As well you should be! Sounds like fun! I love when my whole family travels together - lots of chaos but tons of fun! Happy Planning!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
CaptChris said:
Thanks Pam for your advice! I e-mailed TT to cancel, and made reservations with Quicksilver. This site has been a wealth of information, and the help never ends!

Since you are a TA could you answer me a quick question. We are planning to use our grocery stop prior to arriving at the Pop Century. We have a two year old son who literally inhales milk! What should we do with the perishables we purchase if they are going to be in the luggage room for a few hours? Do you suggest a cooler or is there a possibility our room with a fridge will be ready approx. 11:00 am?

Since you will be arriving earlier than the check in time, I do suggest that when you stop that you pick up a styrofoam cooler and a bag of ice. This will keep the milk from spoiling until you are able to get into your room in case it is not ready. Please keep in mind that the cooler is cheaper than the refridgerator that you are getting and you can keep refilling it with the free ice from the vending machine. You may want to cancel the refridgerator order and save some money. (just an idea)

Have a wonderful trip!

Pam

CaptChris

Original Poster
Thank You!

Pam & Jesserin,

Thank you so much for your help! I tried to respond earlier, but for some reason my logon was messing up!

Gregory called my cell shortly after I made reservation to go over with me how they handle multiple arrivals. I was very impressed!

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom