Quick Service meal plan??

PHS79

Original Poster
Our two previous trips we did the regular meal plan (1 quick service, 1 table service, and snacks), those trips were 7 and 9 nights. This trip we are only going to be there 4 nights, and since our DD (will be 8 on our next trip) has done well over a dozen character meals during our last 2 trips we don't feel the need to do any this time. So we were looking at maybe just purchasing the quick service meal plan but then I looked at some of the quick service "restaurants" and the prices for most of them seemed to "top out" around $15/entree. My DW and I did the math, and we are now thinking about skipping the meal plan and paying out of pocket. Even when ordering the most expensive thing on the menu we couldn't come up with the $46 worth of food per person that the dining plan cost.

How many of you do the quick service plan?? Is there a way to make it worth while?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The quick service meal plan you need to count/add a drink too for both meals. The entree does not come with a drink. Also add in the two snacks for the day(starting 2017 2 snacks and no deserts included at QS) as well for each person. It's not for everybody. Also there are so many more places to eat than just character meals for TS even with little kiddos, as I saw that's one reason your not getting the regular plan. I would still consider other TS options with or without the dining plan. Most great meals at WDW are NOT any of the character meals. But yes just look at menu prices and add it up but make sure to include drinks and both snacks each day for each person as well when figuring it out. :)

dreamfinder

There are lot of threads on if the dining plan makes sense. But they all basically come down to do you eat to the plan? Figure out a hypothetical day if you were to order your meals, without looking at the prices. Menus can be found on here, or on the official WDW site. They total that all up, and compare to the cost of the dining plan. That tells you if it is worth it. If you were to say only buy 1 soda with a meal, or wouldn't eat snacks, then the dining plan may never work in your favor. The same would apply if you would normally order just the burger/sandwich/entree and ask for no fries (you can order this way and save a few bucks off the posted price). But if your selected food is covered by the dining plan, and ends up costing more than the dining plan does, then the dining plan may be for you. But if it costs less, or you would be ordering lots of food not on the plan, then probably not a good choice.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can make the quick service plan work out on paper, but getting it to work out as a financial benefit or even a break even proposition in the real world is more trouble than it is worth.

There are some situations were getting it for free as part of a promotion are acceptable, but I would never pay for the quick service plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom