Quick question...

Jess G

If I book a hotel on orbitz but I'm staying on property and purchase tickets separately am I still able to book FPs 60 days out?

(running some numbers for a quick weekend trip)

THANKS!

Rob562

Just be aware that sometimes Orbitz provides the Disney reservation number automatically in your confirmation email, but sometimes you have to email Orbitz customer service to get the number.

I've had it both ways. Last year we stayed at POFQ for 5 nights, this year we're 1 night at Coronado before transferring to a DVC rental. Both were booked through Orbitz.

-Rob

Upvote 0

JohnD

there orbitz "itinerary number"?

Just did a search of my email, I found a confirmation with Orbitz for a stay at Coronado Springs in late May/early June 2014. There is a "Hotel Confirmation Number" which begins with a number followed by five letters. (e.g. 0XXXXX).

Hotel​

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort hotel details | map
Hotel confirmation number: 0XXXXX
1001 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 US
Phone: 407-939-1000​

I recall inputting that into MDE and it worked. But they could have changed how things are displayed in the confirmation email two years later.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Just did a search of my email, I found a confirmation with Orbitz for a stay at Coronado Springs in late May/early June 2014. There is a "Hotel Confirmation Number" which begins with a number followed by five letters. (e.g. 0XXXXX).

Hotel​

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort hotel details | map
Hotel confirmation number: 0XXXXX
1001 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 US
Phone: 407-939-1000​

I recall inputting that into MDE and it worked. But they could have changed how things are displayed in the confirmation email two years later.

Yeah, apparently they changed the information sent out in their emails.

My Orbitz confirmation for our reservation in October 2014 included the Disney reservation number as yours did, plus a link to the MDE website to login and link it.
My Orbitz email for my reservation this October 2016 (made a couple months ago) did not have that info and I had to email them.

I believe Orbitz was bought by Expedia at some point, so that may have something to do with it...

-Rob

Upvote 0

JohnD

Yeah, apparently they changed the information sent out in their emails.

My Orbitz confirmation for our reservation in October 2014 included the Disney reservation number as yours did, plus a link to the MDE website to login and link it.
My Orbitz email for my reservation this October 2016 (made a couple months ago) did not have that info and I had to email them.

I believe Orbitz was bought by Expedia at some point, so that may have something to do with it...

-Rob

Yeah. The Expedia and Orbitz apps are carbon copies of each other.

Upvote 0

willtravel

Didn't want to start a new thread. I also am in the process of linking Orbitz with MDE. I have a itinerary # and a confirmation #. Which do I use to link? As of right now, neither works. Wrong #"S?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Didn't want to start a new thread. I also am in the process of linking Orbitz with MDE. I have a itinerary # and a confirmation #. Which do I use to link? As of right now, neither works. Wrong #"S?

Neither. You have to email Orbitz customer service to get the Disney reservation number.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Jess G

Original Poster
email orbitz they provided mine within 2 hours of me emailing customer service.

Upvote 0

willtravel

Didn't want to start a new thread. I am looking to use Orbitz with there discount codes for hotels was listed. On had the site saved in my favorites for the longest time that I used now says "Times up, Looks like you missed the sale." Does anyone know of the link that gives out the 10% discount codes that I can now?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Didn't want to start a new thread. I am looking to use Orbitz with there discount codes for hotels was listed. On had the site saved in my favorites for the longest time that I used now says "Times up, Looks like you missed the sale." Does anyone know of the link that gives out the 10% discount codes that I can now?

Just go to the Orbitz website and go to the Hotels section. If there's a code it's usually mentioned somewhere on the page.

Or sign up for their emails.

-Rob

Upvote 0

willtravel

Just go to the Orbitz website and go to the Hotels section. If there's a code it's usually mentioned somewhere on the page.

Or sign up for their emails.

-Rob
Thanks, that is what I thought and did. No promo codes even with signing in. There use to always be a promo code. Oh, well.:(

Upvote 0

Rob562

Thanks, that is what I thought and did. No promo codes even with signing in. There use to always be a promo code. Oh, well.:(

It's also possible they don't have one at this moment, but another may be along in a few days. Unless you desperately need to book right now, I'd wait a little while.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom