Questions about Family & Friends

kbmb

Original Poster
I have a couple questions about Family & Friends, both with the MDE app (iOS) and the website. I have a MDE account and managed by me are 3 Family accounts: Wife and 2 kids. I manage all of their accounts, they aren't separate Disney accounts.

I have been linked to my Brother-in-law for a while. He has always showed up under Friends and I have it set so he only sees shared plans.

We both booked a trip for August this year, and my BIL is going with his girlfriend. So he added a managed account under his account. So we could book FP etc, I went into my MDE account and added a friend, selecting my BILs girlfriend from the list. Same thing for her, I set it so she is able to view only our shared plans.

1) Why does my BIL girlfriend show up under my Family in the iOS app, and not under Friends like my BIL does?

2) Is this what is causing me to be able to see my BIL resort reservation? I don't remember seeing this before.

3) Is this also causing me to see my BIL girlfriend is showing under Family, she is listed in the Tickets & Passes section on the website.

4) Does it matter that I added her as a guest via the website and not the app? And what happens if I were to remove her - can she be invited back?

Did I do something wrong? Is my BIL supposed to do something? Seems to me I should only see both of them when it comes to dining and FP reservations - not resort reservations or tickets.

Thanks!

Last edited:

kbmb

Original Poster
Ok so now I'm even more confused. I called Disney to ask and now for some reason they have both been moved under our Family. So now when I view our My Reservations page online, I see their resort reservation and I see their tickets under Tickets and Passes.

Is this normal?

-Kevin

Rob562

I think there's a few things going on.

Seeing your BIL's reservation means that *he* doesn't have *you* set to "view only shared plans" on his account. He's letting you see everything. (For example, my friend is making his first trip to WDW without me. He has his own MDE account, and since the settings on his account are set to "view all my plans", his resort reservation shows up when I open my MDE app)

But now that things have been removed, and you're seeing things show up differently in different places, I'd suggest calling the MDE Help Desk back and talking to them about it: 407-939-4357

-Rob

kbmb

Original Poster
I think there's a few things going on.

Seeing your BIL's reservation means that *he* doesn't have *you* set to "view only shared plans" on his account. He's letting you see everything. (For example, my friend is making his first trip to WDW without me. He has his own MDE account, and since the settings on his account are set to "view all my plans", his resort reservation shows up when I open my MDE app)

But now that things have been removed, and you're seeing things show up differently in different places, I'd suggest calling the MDE Help Desk back and talking to them about it: 407-939-4357

-Rob

Thanks. You were correct on his end, he had us setup as see everything for both. But even when he changed that, I still saw her. So a quick call to Disney and they got it all straightened out. Thanks!

-Kevin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom