question on something at Pop century

sueybee

Original Poster
Hi all..Just returned from a trip to the World 08/26-9/02 and stayed at the Pop. Quick question though..this is my second time staying at the resort, last time was in 06'..noticed that this time around..Mixed Concoctions was no longer there and neither was the twinkie tiramisu or the tie-dye fluff sandwiches...when did they discontinue all of these things?

Not sure when they stopped making them, but they didn't have the Twinkie Tiramisu or the Tie-dyed Cheesecake when I went this past May. Yet, they still had ads for these items in the elevators at Pop.

MacRtst

The bar went away about 2-3 months ago. If I'm not mistaken it is now where you pick up purchases you sent back from the parks.
I Was really disappointed to hear that it was going away. I was there this past feb. and spent a good night chatting with the bartender. I can somewhat understand why they closed it though, b/c it didn't ever seem to be that busy.

DivineMadness7

If this is the case, here are my guesses:
1- Mixed Concoctions was never busy enough. With the pool bar so close, I don't remember really seeing anyone there at the 3 stays I had at Pop.

2- Twinkie Tiramisu and Tie Dye Cheesecake were victims of the Trans-fat Gestapo. Just a guess.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was really disappointed that the bar was gone during our visit in August 17-22. It would have been nice, especially with all the Fay rain we had when we were there to have a place to hang out besides our room during our afternoon breaks.

lilclerk

...neither was the twinkie tiramisu or the tie-dye fluff sandwiches...when did they discontinue all of these things?
They definitely had the twinkie tiramisu when I stayed there in March. I didn't see the sandwiches though :shrug:

DisneyWall-E

I never saw the bar full of people when I stayed there twice. Also, I loved the tye-dyed cheesecake. I will ask about the other things when I go back in December. They sound delicious.us

TWyn

The tye die cheesecake is gone, too? Or is it just the fluff sandwiches and the tiramisu? I love the cheesecake and will be so disappointed if it's gone as well.

ThinkTink721

We stayed at Pop last Sept. & I think they had the cheesecake at the food court.
I didn't try either, but I think my hubby tried it.
I prefer the chocolate cake! :slurp: :wave:

TWyn

We stayed at Pop last Sept. & I think they had the cheesecake at the food court.
I didn't try either, but I think my hubby tried it.
I prefer the chocolate cake! :slurp: :wave:

Mmmm...I love the chocolate cake, too. Sometimes it's tough to choose between the two, but the cheesecake usually wins out. :) Glad to hear it's still there.

bhg469

Hi all..Just returned from a trip to the World 08/26-9/02 and stayed at the Pop. Quick question though..this is my second time staying at the resort, last time was in 06'..noticed that this time around..Mixed Concoctions was no longer there and neither was the twinkie tiramisu or the tie-dye fluff sandwiches...when did they discontinue all of these things?

I must have been there at the same time! It was my first time at that resort so i cant answer your question but hello anyway!

LeeLee D

I love the "worms in dirt".

Pudding...
Cookies...
and Gummy Worms!

Drifting from sweets, I tried the tabouli last time I was there. I loved it!

imamouse

I thought the bar at PC was called Classic Concoctions? Regardless, I'll miss it. The theming was pretty good - it had a really 50s vibe (to me).

I saw the tye-dyed cheescake in the grab and go last April. I've never had the nerve to try it - the colors are so bright, I'm worried it would stain my teeth.

bhg469

I thought the bar at PC was called Classic Concoctions? Regardless, I'll miss it. The theming was pretty good - it had a really 50s vibe (to me).

I saw the tye-dyed cheescake in the grab and go last April. I've never had the nerve to try it - the colors are so bright, I'm worried it would stain my teeth.

no just your tongue! i can usually taste food coloring when it is that intense but it wasn't that bad. It was by far the best cheesecake i have ever had on property but it was very brightly colored and i thought that was sort of neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom