Question?? - October/Halloween

Disney-Lou

Original Poster
Hello,

I am visiting Disney world the first week of October. The day that I planned to go to Magic Kingdom is also one of the Halloween party nights. I have already made some dinning reservations so I don't really want to change the day (also want to book the Early Morning Magic but October dates haven't been released yet). We want to stay the whole day so we would pay extra for the Halloween party but just want to know if it's worth it. Also is there also the normal fireworks show or is it different?

Thanks in advance,

Lou

Gurt

Definitely worth it in my opinion there are no normal fireworks on party nights but there is a party exclusive fireworks show and parade

drizgirl

It's a waste of money to pay for the party then spend part of that time sitting in a restaurant.

Without a ticket, each restaurant has a different cutoff time for dining without a party ticket. Check your confirmation and see if there's a notice that a ticket is required to dine. If your time is after the cutoff, I would keep looking for a different time.

It is nice to visit the park on a party day though since crowds tend to be smaller (since people don't like early closing days).

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"Worth it" is a value-loaded question. You'll get some people saying yeah, and others saying no.

I'm in the crowd that says "try it and see." Because, like Smokey the Bear says (paraphrased), "Only you can decide if paying for the hard party ticket is worth it."

cdeev8690

I usually avoid using an entire day on my park ticket if I intend on going to either the Halloween or Christmas party. To me, personally, it feels like a waste. We all know that these theme park tickets are expensive, as are the Special Event tickets. If you enter MK at 4 PM on the evening of the party, you'll have 8 hours to spend at the park which is plenty of time. Save your full day on your multi-day pass. The morning/early afternoon on the day of the party can be spent in your pool, resort hopping, Disney Springs, mini golf, or a combination of those things.

snek

When I went to the party the rides were practically walk ons all night. It was pretty awesome. I thought it was worth it for that. The candy was pretty fun to get too.

JillC LI

The Halloween Party is a lot of fun. Get dressed in costume and enjoy the candy. The Boo To You parade is my favorite led off by the headless horseman, and the fireworks are special too. Although the party doesn't officially start until 7pm, you can enter the MK at 4pm with your ticket giving you a full 8 hours there so it's not really an efficient use of funds to use a park ticket that day (unless money is not an issue). We arrived at 4pm, put our costumes in a locker, did had an early dinner at 5pm, changed into our costumes, and took full advantage of the party.

JIMINYCR

Ive found the Halloween event to be the most fun. I think its well worth the price. I agree that your dining reservation might be changed so you can have full opportunity to enjoy the event more. The Boo parade, fireworks, castle show will really WOW you. Then theres the ability to meet and get photos with unusual characters that you rarely will see again. Aaaannnnd as the night wears on and guests leave the park with their kids, you get to ride the rides repeatedly with very little lines. The CM's really get into the spirit and lighten up making interaction with them even more fun. Grab those tickets early so you don't miss out.

Matt_Black

I had a lot of fun when I went to the party. I had a modest costume and did some character meets, and most of the characters played off what I was wearing. Rapunzel, in particular, was awesome, as she was reaching up to my mask saying, "Do you have a face under there?"

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The Halloween party is worth it, in my opinion. We will, again, drive over from Uni to attend. I prefer MNSSHP to MVMCP. Fantastic parade, great M&Gs, the park decorations are wonderful and they pass out candy, lots of it! So if you attend, make sure to bring a large bag.

DisneyDaver

Hello,

I am visiting Disney world the first week of October. The day that I planned to go to Magic Kingdom is also one of the Halloween party nights. I have already made some dinning reservations so I don't really want to change the day (also want to book the Early Morning Magic but October dates haven't been released yet). We want to stay the whole day so we would pay extra for the Halloween party but just want to know if it's worth it. Also is there also the normal fireworks show or is it different?

Thanks in advance,

Lou

I love the Halloween party and think it is very worth it. The Boo to You Parade is the best parade at WDW and in past years, the Wishes fireworks show was different than the normal Wishes show.

thomas998

Halloween parties are worth it if you go early, but if you were going toward the end of October it might be iffy because the last week of October is very crowded and doesn't seem like you are getting a good deal.

A long time ago we would go for a full day, and then do the party ticket... Now when we go we tried to avoid wasting a day ticket on a day when they have a hard ticket party because it doesn't make sense money wise anymore... That is because long ago we would get a long 7 or 10 day ticket and the average cost of a day ticket for those lengths of time were pretty low, but now when we go we general split it between Disney and Universal so the average day ticket price is much higher on a 3 or 4 day ticket so it just doesn't make sense to spend that money on a day that ends at 4:00pm (because you can enter the park with the hard ticket at 4:00pm).... I don't know the number of days on your park ticket, if it were 4 or less then I wouldn't waste it on a hard ticket day, if it was 5 or 6 its probably a toss up, 7 or more and why not it isn't costing that much to do.... Only you can really make that call though.

Andy_0410

Because when travelling from the uk the booking normally includes (or can be added depending how you book it) a full 14 day ticket unlimited ticket to everything including park hopper and water parks and also memory maker
Therefore is shouldn't matter about the number of park tickets you have

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom