Question - I'm out of state, my parents are not, so ..

Glasgow

I'm trying to book a weekend for my folks to join us for a couple of days. We're booked on a magic your way package and I'm trying to surprise my folks with a weekend at WDW so they can see the kids for a couple days.

They are Florida residents, though, so I don't want to book a MYW package for them since it'll be a lot more expensive. I've gone ahead and done a room-only reservation (on the 40% discount code) but I'm unsure about getting the tix now.

Since they are Florida residents they get a much better deal on the tix than I would get, I'm just trying to figure out what the best way to get them would be. I think the best deal is the 3-day play pass (or something like that) but again, they would have to do the purchasing.

What do you guys think? Buy a one day pass and let them upgrade to the 3-day play pass at the gate? That may be too much trouble -- I think I'll probably just have them buy the tix and then give them the money.

Any other ideas for the best way to book a trip for someone else? Thanks!!! :wave:

bgraham34

Awesome idea and have fun. Personally I would buy the tickets for them when you get to the resort or park. It will only take a few minutes out of your day to do so.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
^ Thanks .. I'm leaning towards getting the tix at the gate but I'm wondering if they are priced the same (ie. with the FL resident discount) -- I think the 3-day play pass is around $142.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

Do you know any of there friends that could help you out, becasue if it is cheaper to get tix as a FL resident and the difference between you getting them straight out reg price & the FL price you could get them a small nice gift, but my point is if you have friend of theirs that coudl get the tickets as a FL resident & you pay them and it would still be a surprise.

Also not sure if you could go through the Disney site using their mailing information & just use your CC.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
You must have a FL drivers license (or other official FL identification) before you can even purchase the tix, so I would need to have someone else buy the tix. Thanks for the suggestions, all.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Another alternative: figure out how much the tickets will be, including tax, and get a Disney gift card in that amount that you can give them. That way they can stop at a ticket window and just hand them their license(s) and the gift card to buy the tickets.

You may also be able to call CRO over the phone and ask them if there's an option to purchase the tickets for them to pick up at Will Call and show their licenses at that time. But you may run into the Will Call window asking for the credit card used for the purchase.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom