Question for Disneyland AP's and regulars.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Now I was just informed that the option to add parking to the annual passes over there is now gone. Which is amazing to me, they have hit so many annual passholders visiting the park that they are trying to cut them down any which way. Someone informed me that on a lot of days CM's can't even park in the garage due to it being at capacity. So the question I have is, do you all think it's time for a third gate? And with that a parking expansion ( I believe there were plans with the city of anaheim for that). And if you are in favor of these plans how soon do you think Disneyland needs it? Just curious and wanting to have a level headed discussion about it is all!

Travel Junkie

I would say it’s time to address the parking situation. Before any 3rd gate can be looked at the infrastructure for the 2 existing parks has to be fixed. The roads around the resort are a mess as cars entering the area are routed all over to find parking. Exiting the 5 and heading towards the structure you may end up parking at Mickey and friends or routed over to DTD area parking, the Convention Center, Garden Walk or the Toy Story lot causing traffic nightmares on surface streets.

Whether they build a new structure on the Pumbaa lot or whatever their long term plan is, they need to start investing in a permanent parking solution. A new CM lot is under contracture at the corner of Ball and Harbor but that won’t be enough.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I would say it’s time to address the parking situation. Before any 3rd gate can be looked at the infrastructure for the 2 existing parks has to be fixed. The roads around the resort are a mess as cars entering the area are routed all over to find parking. Exiting the 5 and heading towards the structure you may end up parking at Mickey and friends or routed over to DTD area parking, the Convention Center, Garden Walk or the Toy Story lot causing traffic nightmares on surface streets.

Whether they build a new structure on the Pumbaa lot or whatever their long term plan is, they need to start investing in a permanent parking solution. A new CM lot is under contracture at the corner of Ball and Harbor but that won’t be enough.
From what I have gather from most people I ask parking is the real nightmare at the moment. I am just wondering whats taking so long, cause this is an issue that isn't getting any better and with the advent of starwarsland and all the 60th stuff on the way should only get worse.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I agree we need another parking structure. Without that, a third gate would be a terrible idea.
Did the plans with the convention center go through? Or did I imagine that, I am pretty sure there was a parking deal they were trying to do of sorts.

George Lucas on a Bench

I think the issue is that a lot of Annual Passholders come in separate vehicles taking advantage of the parking option and use up a huge amount of the parking spaces. I do think a second parking structure is necessary, but I also feel that an overhaul of the transportation system is necessary. They need a series of Peoplemovers connecting the structure (and a future second structure) to the Downtown Disney area. It will probably never happen, but one can dream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom