Question concerning martial arts and jobs at disney

Ryan Gillham

Original Poster
hey everyone. Posted some videos of me doing some warmups with lightsabers. In any case, they were taken down so I assume this is frowned upon. Won't happen again. Anyway, I've been to more than few auditions here in Florida to learn the process and all that. To my point..

I was just wondering how a martial artists could perform/demonstrate their skills for a casting director or assistant? The ones I have gone to, they are looking for lead speaking roles, which is not what I'm looking for. I currently work as assistant instructor in the arts of Jeet Kune Do and Kali, so the background is there. Due to the fact that I am infront of people on a daily basis, I feel I would have no problem entertaining guest as the Disney parks. Just something I've always wanted to do. Any tips/help would be much appreciated. Been at it now for about a year. I will continue to try every time an opportunity shows itself

Journey_On

My first thought was that you may be able to use your skills in the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple show at DHS. A few of the lead characters are pretty skilled with light sabers. :)

I would bookmark the Disney Auditions website to stay updated on auditions and opportunities. Best wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom