Question about WDW ticket seller site

MK-fan

Hello, I saw an article on a site that shall not be named (starts with WDW). The article talks about a site called unlockedmagic.com and they’re selling the summer 4 park Magic promotion tickets with 6% off and the total comes out to $396 flat, so it’s cheaper without all the taxes that you usually pay. Is this a legit site, Has anybody bought tickets from here?

JoeCamel

Hello, I saw an article on a site that shall not be named (starts with WDW). The article talks about a site called unlockedmagic.com and they’re selling the summer 4 park Magic promotion tickets with 6% off and the total comes out to $396 flat, so it’s cheaper without all the taxes that you usually pay. Is this a legit site, Has anybody bought tickets from here?
So $6 to see what you can buy from there? Have you checked to see who owns the site? Same as the slimy one?

Upvote 0

SamusAranX

I’ve been seeing these references to a site that shall not be named for weeks now, anyone wanna enlighten me via PM?

Oh and don’t buy the tickets that way. Bad idea

Upvote 0

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For the site that shall not be named: Do a Google search for the one who runs it, a Mr. Corless.

He and the owner of this sight had some sort of falling out. Mr. Corless is known for never being wrong... in his own mind. While he does snag some 'breaking news' he also confidently posts rumors that turn out to be hilariously false, and refuses to admit so. Disney itself called what he was doing as "unscrupulous." And he declared war on Disney.

On his site, he is advertising (I presume a paid advertisement) to the unlocked site. That site charges $6 a month. It's really only worth its two main 'tools' which are a dining reservation finder and a DVC room availability list. This site is part of The DIS network of Disney Park websites.

You can get a reservation finder for free at Touring Plans, whose owner is an esteemed member of our forums.

Upvote 0

esskay

FWIW from a bit of digging unlockedmagic looks to be run by World of DVC / DVC Resale Market / Be Our Guest Vacations so not directly part of the site that shall not be named or Corless, or The DIS, its likely just an affiliate deal.

Personally paying $6/mo for a half baked 'community' plus uneducated guesses on wait times and planning isn't something I'm interested in, especially when theres resources like Touring Plans with their decades of experience out there which are a no brainer if you're in the market for that kind of stuff.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

If you are looking for discounted tickets from a REPUTABLE agent, look no further than undercovertourist.com!
A Lot of guests have used Undercovertourist.com, including me, and I have had now problems with them...either buying tickets or getting a refund! When you call them directly, you actually talk to a real, live person and are very helpful.
Undercovertourist.com has THEME PARK, AND OTHER ATTTRACTION TICKETS (these are tickets to everything in and around Orlando) to make your vacation action packed!
As an example...
One day you can be at the Magic Kingdom, the next you could be speeding across the Florida Everglades on an Air Boat to holding a Sloth or Lemur!

Upvote 0

Phonedave

When I am looking for tickets at a discount, I usually look in two places.

Undercover Tourist - Which as was said is a reputable dealer, and has great prices.

Tickets At Work - Not available for everybody (usually your employer has to sign up for it as a company perk. Sometime they have better deals than UT, sometime not. Many times the better deals are for specific things, like a specified number of days, etc. If that fits your plans, great. If not then go to UT.

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

I have bought other attraction tickets (Medieval Times) from Union Plus since I am in a teaching union. However, my friend found that undercovertourist.com was cheaper for WDW tickets this time around.

Upvote 0

SteveAZee

I have just recently used attractiontickets.com which I really like. I needed to rebook the package once already, but bought the insurance and it was fairly painless, even after assigning tickets and making park reservations in MDE. It's a big win is for people who are staying a week or longer and want access to everything.

Upvote 0

esskay

Yep used attractiontickets a few times over the years and they're decent. I dont know if its still offered but don't take them up on the local ticket collection offer if they give it to you. It's one of those scammy timeshare sales things where they try and make you sit infront of some Saul Goodman looking salesman. Get the e-ticket delivery option instead.

Upvote 0

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Unlockedmagic has some legit people behind it but appears to require one to be a paid member to "unlock" the "magic" discount. Personally, I wouldn't touch it unless I had no other options, and there are other options.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Unlockedmagic has some legit people behind it but appears to require one to be a paid member to "unlock" the "magic" discount. Personally, I wouldn't touch it unless I had no other options, and there are other options.
Yeah, Unlocked Magic appears to be another part of the World of DVC umbrella organisation - which comprises DVC Rental Store and Monera and is closely involved with the DIS Unplugged podcast.

Paul Krieger runs DVCFan, sponsored by World of DVC, and also writes for WDWInfo (DIS) and DVC Rental Store, whilst I think his wife works for Monera.

All legit, but Unlocked Magic is claiming all sorts of useful tools, nearly all of which can be got for free elsewhere. The only really new thing is their availability tool for DVC which scrapes data and claims to show the number of DVC rooms available, but that will only be true at the time they run their software and could also be shut down by DVC if they wanted to.

I wouldn’t subscribe to it.

Upvote 0

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The only really new thing is their availability tool for DVC which scrapes data and claims to show the number of DVC rooms available, but that will only be true at the time they run their software and could also be shut down by DVC if they wanted to.
RIP dvcapp. It scraped a few times per hour and then would send users updates on filtered changes. I found it very useful a few times. They claimed in January 2022 that they were scrape any longer so it has made me curious how unlocked magic is doing it, and whether the dvcapp people are now over there. They were never able to give a number of rooms though and I can't imagine where members can access that data.

Upvote 0

yensid67

If you want a credible discount ticket outlet...go to undercovertourist.com
I have been using them for ALL my Orlando tickets. Tax is included, and refunds are easy and simple!

Upvote 0

esskay

RIP dvcapp. It scraped a few times per hour and then would send users updates on filtered changes. I found it very useful a few times. They claimed in January 2022 that they were scrape any longer so it has made me curious how unlocked magic is doing it, and whether the dvcapp people are now over there. They were never able to give a number of rooms though and I can't imagine where members can access that data.
They'll be using the api. Disney's got a bunch of undocumented API's that are wide open, some even allow you to pull out all room rates for the next 12-18 months. They're fairly easily to find by hooking up a phone to a network scanner.

Funny thing is they screwed up the development of it, and now cant lock it down without locking out the MDE app and their own site.

(May have used their generic one when FastPass+ was available to grab hard to get fast passes by constantly checking!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom