Question about the Quick-Service dining plan

jme

Original Poster
I was reading the guidelines for the 2014 QS DDP. It says that if there is a childs menu available, children 3-9 must order from it. How strictly is this enforced?

For example, I usually grab all 4 meals (me, wife, and 2 kids) myself, while everyone else gets settled in at a table. With no children with me, how will they know that I'm ordering for a child or not? Especially when we get meals from different places, like for example, me and kid 1 order from Columbia Harbor House, and wife and kid 2 order from Cosmic Rays...

Will my credits show as X amount of "adult" QS credits and Y amount of "kid" QS credits, or is it one large bankroll and its up to the CM to 'enforce' this policy?

jaklgreen

It has been a few year since my kids were under 10 but I would always order for the family and ordered 1 adult meal for them to split. Until Disney gets better food for kids I would raise heck if someone made me buy that crap for my kids. You are what you eat and I could see a big difference in their behavior and just their general health after eating junk food.

Mawg

Unless things have changed, the QS plan can not tell the difference between and adult or a child credit. This might have changed with all of the updates, but last I heard it still worked that way.
Is it the same way with the regular Dinning Plan for Quick Service? Children and Adult Quick service credits come from the same bucket? I haven't used it in awhile but I always thought you had so many Children Quick service credits and so many Adult Quick Service Credits, if you keep using the adult ones for everyone eventually you'll only have Child Credits left. Maybe I just never noticed before that they were all coming out of the same pool, but my kids are closer to the cut off age and I think we'll be going during free dinning next year, they probably won't want kids meals as much any more.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is it the same way with the regular Dinning Plan for Quick Service? Children and Adult Quick service credits come from the same bucket? I haven't used it in awhile but I always thought you had so many Children Quick service credits and so many Adult Quick Service Credits, if you keep using the adult ones for everyone eventually you'll only have Child Credits left. Maybe I just never noticed before that they were all coming out of the same pool, but my kids are closer to the cut off age and I think we'll be going during free dinning next year, they probably won't want kids meals as much any more.
It is the same for the quick service meals on the regular dining plan, but the table service credits are listed as adult and child.

CarmelHP

There's no breakdown of child vs adult on the quick service, only table service. We asked at WP and at the Y&Y QS window if we had to order off the children's menu for DD9 and they answered "no." If you ask this question on other sites there's a certain contingent of Disney rule Nazis that will swear you have to order from the kid's menu's, but the fact that Disney doesn't differentiate and several CM's said it wasn't a rule for QS is enough for me.

bethymouse

I accidentally ordered an adult QS meal at Sunshine Seasons for my 9 year old boy, and they charged me for an adult meal.:(

rt06

They won't check QS. It's a cafeteria line. The menu specifies kids' meals and your credit will be reduced accordingly.

SweetPea

As others have said, with the Quick Service you are given one big lump sum of credits. We have been ordering our kids adult meals for a while now...in fact, I don't remember the last time we ordered from the kids menu for them. Table Service is a different ballgame. Yes, they are divided into adult and child credits.

EnchantedRose

On our last trip...Nov 2013....they were all banked together...and I had no trouble ordering from the adult menu for my 6 year old. Some meals...he would devour the adult version...for example pizza! Sometimes HE wanted the kids meal...so we let him pick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom