question about sharing meals

GOT2SAMMIES

Original Poster
Ok please don;t hang me on this...:(
Also Please note that we ALL have the dining plan.
So my 11 year old is now considered an adult (according to Disney) BUT he doesn't NEED to eat an entree and dessert and lunch (for our QS) and then a appi, entree and dessert at Dinner. To be honest he needs to loose some weight (we all do!). BUT anyway can we share a TS meal? I know lettin someone else in your party that is not on the dining is a no-no. However this is not the case.....
thanks!

Phonedave

So my 11 year old is now considered an adult (according to Disney) BUT he doesn't NEED to eat an entree and dessert and lunch (for our QS) and then a appi, entree and dessert at Dinner. To be honest he needs to loose some weight (we all do!). BUT anyway can we share a TS meal? I know lettin someone else in your party that is not on the dining is a no-no. However this is not the case.....
thanks!

First what plan are you on. It sounds like you have the regular dining plan. With that you get one snack, one quick serve, and one table service per night.

A snack is well a snack - thats pretty much self explanatory

With a QS you get an entree, a dessert (or juice at breakfast) and a beverage (or a combo meal)

With the TS you get an entree, dessert (or again with the juice) and a drink - there is no appetizer.

so, now you know what you will be getting.

IF you are on the higher plans ... why? If you think there is too much food then drop down to the base plan

As for sharing, don't count on it. It has happened, but it seems to be a sort of black hole of answers. Of course in a buffet situation the answer will be no sharing.

-dave

Rob562

thanks!

You can definitely share meals both at Counter Service and Table Service. (The only exception, of course, is buffets and other all-you-can-eat places)

If you tell the server you're sharing, they'll give you an extra plate. They may even pre-split the entree onto two plates before serving you. (If they do that extra work, I'd make sure to add an extra dollar or two to their tip)

You'll just have to buy an extra beverage and pay out-of-pocket for it.

An alternative, as long as you don't see it as a "waste" of the credit, would be for him to order a child's meal at the restaurant.

As a side note, you mentioned an appetizer in your post... Are you on the Deluxe Dining Plan? The Deluxe is the only one that still includes appetizers with Table Service meals. The regular DDP doesn't.

And whatever happens, you should come back and post about your experiences sharing meals so that others will know. (I've never actually done it myself)

-Rob

DisneyPrincess5

What about sharing meals if you're not on the dining plan? We've always considered this but not so sure how it works.
Is it frowned upon and do they charge a sharing fee?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My son and I have shared TS, but only at breakfast at Kona. Tonga Toast is just too much for one.

They bring an extra plate and we split it ourselves. Never been charged extra. We did this on the Dining Plan back when we used it, the only charges were for drinks for one of us.

WDW 3

We share meals a lot. Everywhere. I never even think twice about sharing. We don't do the dining plan and most meals are plenty for two when you have a beverage and salad.

My daughter and I (not on dining plan) shared an entree at Tony's and we each ordered an appetizer, dessert and drink. Perfect amount of food and the server was great about it - entree came on 2 plates. I'm not sure if they are as nice if you do this on the dining plan but I would like to know since we have the dining plan for October. BTW, can someone explain all the DD, DH, DS etc. to me - would my daughter be DD?

GOT2SAMMIES

Original Poster
Thanks giys for all your responses.
Sorry I was confused on the appetizer...we are on the regular dining plan,I misread the appi part!

smk

My daughter and I (not on dining plan) shared an entree at Tony's and we each ordered an appetizer, dessert and drink. Perfect amount of food and the server was great about it - entree came on 2 plates. I'm not sure if they are as nice if you do this on the dining plan but I would like to know since we have the dining plan for October. BTW, can someone explain all the DD, DH, DS etc. to me - would my daughter be DD?
Yes, DD means dear daughter etc...
To the OP, we are planning on sharing many meals while in the parks in two weeks. We even buy kids meals and we are not kids! Of course, we don't share a kids meal but sometimes the amount of food is too much for my DH, he is a diabetic. So we tend to eat smaller meals more often and that keeps his blood sugar more even.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've never heard so many people in real life use "Dear" in everyday conversation.

Why must it now preface everybody's relatives on a forum? :confused:

I think we should start tar and feathering everyone that uses the "DEAR" acronyms from here forward. :lookaroun Who's with me?

Phonedave

I've never heard so many people in real life use "Dear" in everyday conversation.

Why must it now preface everybody's relatives on a forum? :confused:

I think we should start tar and feathering everyone that uses the "DEAR" acronyms from here forward. :lookaroun Who's with me?

For some reason that whole DD, DH, DS, DW thing bugs me. I have no idea why.

Anyway........

There is NO problem with sharing a meal when using cash.

There is a problem if you are on the DDP and your sharing partner is not. Disney does not like that. Sometimes you get away with it, but not always.

As far as sharing between DDP members. As far as I know, if you call WDW and ask about it, they will still say the official policy on the DDP is 'no sharing' . They will not get more specific than that. However, as others have said, many have shared DDP meals with no problem. So the answer is you should be able to, but if you run up against person having a bad day, maybe they wont let you

-dave

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
Regarding the regular dining plan.

TABLE SERVICE: There have been a time or two that my husband has just simply not wanted a full meal to eat. So, he just orders a drink. I order a meal, and my kids order a meal. He usually just ordered a side salad - and we paid for that and the drink. All he told the waitress was that he was just not hungery enough to order a meal. He would eat what we didn't... He would take a bit here and there, that was it. He really wasn't hunger (one of those that who don't eat away from home).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom