Question about Pins and such

Goofster

Original Poster
Hey everybody,

I've only been to Disney World a few times, so I've never really gotten caught up in pin trading. However, this week I was down in Wimauma, Florida on a church work camp mission trip and we spent friday in the magic kingdom. Anyway, the head of this mission we worked at was a cast member at Disney starting in about august 1971 for about 4 years. He told me he once knew Marty Sklar pretty well and told me some stories that got me pretty excited. Anyway, he was excited himself when he found out about my interest in Disney and he gave me a 1974 Cast Member Disney World 3rd Birthday Space Mountatin pin. Not the immitation normal hard metal pin mind you, this is the original plastic. Now this is my first really exciting Disney pin aside from two Magical Music Days pins I got on band trips, but now I'm interested in finding out what kind of a prize my new 1974 Birthday pin is. Can anybody point me in the right direction for the best pin (especially older pin) website and info?

Thanks a lot!

tigger1968

You could try www.pinpics.com for a start. The won't give you a value of it in dollars, but will indicate how collectible it may be. I have a copy of Tomart's Guide and will look it up to try to determine a monetary value if you wish! Great gift to get btw!

DanStat

Goofster said:
Hey everybody,

I've only been to Disney World a few times, so I've never really gotten caught up in pin trading. However, this week I was down in Wimauma, Florida on a church work camp mission trip and we spent friday in the magic kingdom. Anyway, the head of this mission we worked at was a cast member at Disney starting in about august 1971 for about 4 years. He told me he once knew Marty Sklar pretty well and told me some stories that got me pretty excited. Anyway, he was excited himself when he found out about my interest in Disney and he gave me a 1974 Cast Member Disney World 3rd Birthday Space Mountatin pin. Not the immitation normal hard metal pin mind you, this is the original plastic. Now this is my first really exciting Disney pin aside from two Magical Music Days pins I got on band trips, but now I'm interested in finding out what kind of a prize my new 1974 Birthday pin is. Can anybody point me in the right direction for the best pin (especially older pin) website and info?

Thanks a lot!

First - very nice 'Wicked' avatar.

Second - the value of the pin will depend on the issue size, or rarity. If the pin was given to every person entering the park, it won't be worth as much as if it was limited to 500 pieces and you had to purchase it. I recommend pinpics.com. Let us know! There is also a pin trading magazine - I've never seen it, though.

Goofster

Original Poster
Thanks, they have it listed in pinpics but don't have much info on rarity or value. If you find out anything about it please let me know! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom