Question about Disney stock certificate

tractorm3

Original Poster
So for my wedding my mother gave us a Disney Stock certificate for 10 shares issued in 1989.
Looking at the WDC stock history, the Co. has had two splits and now that is actually 120 shares. However my mother said they got more stock when the spits happened and that certificate is only good for 10 shares. They were compensated for the splits. My father passed away who was a CPA and was very good with numbers and finances. so we really have no idea.

can any one shed some light if this sounds right? or does that sound true. my thought is when the stocks split and my parents got other stocks, the certificate would have been re-issued to reflect it.

I am not looking to cash it in and I hope that is in my family for generations. I want to have it framed and hang it. I cant think of a better gift for a Disney fan then owning a part of the Company.

mrerk

Premium Member
Disney would have issued a new certificate for the difference. If the original certificate was in your name you should have got a new one reflecting the additional shares. If it was in your parents name they would have got it. Are you getting the quarterly reports or does your Mom get them? Dividend checks? Year end 1099? Annual Report? If you have the SSN of the shareholder you should be able to look it up on the Disney shareholders website.

http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/investors

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom