Question about crowd levels

enough

Original Poster
Hi - I am trying to figure out what the crowd situation will be like for a visit to the park. We plan on going only for one day, on the 5th of May (a Monday), and from what I can see it looks like that is AFTER the Easter break for most if not all of western Europe?

Can anyone comment on what it might be like on that day? and also if I am reading the calendars correctly?

We have just one day at the parks, so I am debating whether to try for a 2 park - 1 day trip, or just stick to the Magic Kingdom... any advice there is appreciated as well.

thanks!

DLRP NEWS

Attendance level I think it will be reasonable (70/80 minutes maximum waiting).
Otherwise I suggest you take a ticket one day / one park and stay at Disneyland Park, Walt Disney Studios is horrible and only 2 or 3 attractions are worthy of Disney parks.
In April the park is expected to launch a new season "Spring Festival" until the end of June, you choose well your period. All Main Street and Central Plaza will be decorated with flowers and there will be some animations.
Indiana Jones and the Temple of peril will be closed (reconstruction of the temple and change the looping) and you may have some building renovation of Main Street (Main Street Station and Town Square Photography).

IWantMyMagicBand

One of the rides not to be missed at DLP is Crush's Coaster. Personally, as it I low season I would head to the Studios at 9.30 ready for park opening. Head straight to Crush's Coaster (right hand side of park). The queue will be about an hour. IT IS WORTH IT :). Then either hit Toy Story playland for RCs Coaster or head into the main park, they are literally next door like walking from Future World to World Showcase and stay until closing. Not to be missed, in my opinion:
Taniere du Dragon (Malificent, under the castle)
Snow White (just because you can)
Thunder Mountain, it's a cut off island at DLP
Haunted Mansion
PotC, it has two drops
I can't remember it's name but it something like Pays de Contes Fete. It's a cute boat ride, never has a queue.
Space Mountain for it's loops
Star Tours is the original version
The parades are the best I have seen in any parks.

Enjoy, and feel free to ask any more questions. I also have menus of most restaurants if you are thinking of any in particular.

enough

Original Poster
thanks IWantMyMagicBand!

That's some good info - I wasn't sure about the studios, but it seems like hitting that first would be a good idea to knock out a couple key rides. It's strange to see that the park doesn't open until 10am though - so if I leave form Chatelet station it's only about a 45min ride, right?

I've definitely got the mainstays on my list, and from what I see it looks like the maintenance on the Indy ride wraps up on April 30, so I am hoping it's back in operation to try that out.

It'll just be my wife and I so we should be able to hit the majors all in one day. I'm really excited!

I'd love to see the menus if you have them - do you think it's worthwhile to make a reservation in advance?

IWantMyMagicBand

thanks IWantMyMagicBand!

That's some good info - I wasn't sure about the studios, but it seems like hitting that first would be a good idea to knock out a couple key rides. It's strange to see that the park doesn't open until 10am though - so if I leave form Chatelet station it's only about a 45min ride, right?

I've definitely got the mainstays on my list, and from what I see it looks like the maintenance on the Indy ride wraps up on April 30, so I am hoping it's back in operation to try that out.

It'll just be my wife and I so we should be able to hit the majors all in one day. I'm really excited!

I'd love to see the menus if you have them - do you think it's worthwhile to make a reservation in advance?
I am in the process of writing my top tips for DLP so will privately send you the link when it's done within the next week.

If it is just you two I would go to Walt's on Main Street, and book for when the parade is about to start as it will give you a completely different perspective, ask for a 2nd floor window seat. You can book at Disneyland Paris about two months in advance, I ill sent you the number. You cannot book online.

I could not tell you about train rides as I only ever stay onsite. Talk again soon :)

peep

^I personally never see the point in reserving a table at DLP months in advance, in the morning at the actual restaurant or Guest Services would be more than enough time to book something up. Walts is expensive and takes up a large part of your day but it is incredible. Seeing as you're trying to fit everything in on one day you might struggle to fit it into your schedule.

I agree that heading to Crush as soon as the park opens is the best thing to do. Go straight to Tower (or any of the other Studio attractions you want to do) from there and you should have a small queue or be able to still grab a fastpass. I highly recommend Cinemagique in the Studios, it's unique and something I make sure I go to see every time I visit.

In the main park, don't miss out on Phantom Manor, Pirates, Space Mountain: Mission 2 and obviously Big Thunder Mountain. Other nice areas of the park are the caves in Adventureland, the dragon under the castle and the rope bridges in Adventureland.

At the end of the day though it's all down to your personal preference of what sort of attractions you prefer but those are my recommendations.

enough

Original Poster
I am in the process of writing my top tips for DLP so will privately send you the link when it's done within the next week.

If it is just you two I would go to Walt's on Main Street, and book for when the parade is about to start as it will give you a completely different perspective, ask for a 2nd floor window seat. You can book at Disneyland Paris about two months in advance, I ill sent you the number. You cannot book online.

I could not tell you about train rides as I only ever stay onsite. Talk again soon :)

thanks for the help! I look forward to reading your top tips!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom