Question about connecting photopass pics to MM

Karenb64

Original Poster
I'm trying to purchase the Memory Maker at the $149.00 price for a trip starting on the 18th. It won't be active until the 20th and I've read that people have been able to connect pictures on a photopass card to a MM account, but I wonder if this will work, if those pictures were taken before the Memory Maker is activiated. Anyone have any experience with this?

sissa216

I don't have experience in that situation- but my understanding is that you can still connect the pictures to your account, you just won't have the option to download them. The pictures will be there, with the option to purchase them.
To be able to download all of your pictures, you would have to purchase at the $199 price.

Karenb64

Original Poster
Thanks. I'm frustrated that they say three days which should make it active on the 19th, so I don't understand why they are saying not till the 20th.

sissa216

I've been wondering about the wording too. I think it means that any pictures TAKEN within 3 days of purchase are not included- so anything on the 17th, 18th, and 19th. The 20th would then be included. I hadn't yet seen the 3 day rule in action though; it is a bit confusing as to which day it should start after purchase.

Unfortunately, the safest way would be to purchase the $199 version- unless you're ok not having the pictures from the 18th and 19th.

Karenb64

Original Poster
I've been wondering about the wording too. I think it means that any pictures TAKEN within 3 days of purchase are not included- so anything on the 17th, 18th, and 19th. The 20th would then be included. I hadn't yet seen the 3 day rule in action though; it is a bit confusing as to which day it should start after purchase.

Unfortunately, the safest way would be to purchase the $199 version- unless you're ok not having the pictures from the 18th and 19th.
That's what I did. It annoys me that they obviously don't need three days to activate it since for $199.00 it can be activated immediately. I understand offering a lower price as an incentive to purchase before you go, but since they can activate it immediately, why can't you purchase at the $149.00 price up until the day before you arrive?

Weather_Lady

If it won't cover a good part of the trip, I'd suggest not even bothering with MemoryMaker. Ask the Photopass CMs to take photos with your own camera instead...

I agree that the 3-day rule is ridiculous, when Disney can clearly activate MemoryMaker in an instant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom