Question about adding on...?

Vipor51

Original Poster
So I am considering adding on and I am trying to decide between buying a resale contract for BLT which is my current home resort and potentially purchasing Poly Direct. Here are my questions.

1.To use our full allotment of points from both resorts if we purchased an add on at poly I assume we will need to wait until the 7 month window to book. Correct?

2.If we financed everything the entire amount of the poly purchase minus the required 10% downpayment how would a large bulk payment be utilized? Let's say I make a 10,000 bulk payment after I finance will that pay my monthly payment in advance or would that just reduce my principal initially and still require the predetermined monthly payment?

3.I also assume we pay dues for the poly purchase in our closing costs but are the dues pro rated for this year?

4.Do we get full access to both the 2015 and 2016 once we close with Disney for the Poly?

5.Lastly, if I purchase a resale contract to add on to my current BLT points and I purchase the same use year, will my contract still be separate, and would I be able to someday leave (if I have two children) one contract to each child upon my death? I guess I should be able to do this if I purchase a separate contract from the Poly.

Thanks for the input.

Minthorne

1. yes

2. Most likely off the principle and reduce the length of the loan but it depends on the loan.

3. I heard you get 2014 points with no fee and 2015 points prorated fee but I'm not sure.

4. You should be able to borrow 2016 once you close.

5. My understanding is contracts at the same resort and the same use year are combined

WWWD

5. My understanding is contracts at the same resort and the same use year are combined

I have two contracts at the same resort with the same use year that were not combined. I know at the time I could ask to combine them. However, later I learned that in case I ever wanted to sell some points, smaller contracts are much easier to sell compared to one large contract.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
The first will be a .0, and second contract will be a .1 with the same number, and you can leave them to someone separately. They are not combined into one contract.

MikeyK72

I agree, you'll have two contract numbers. And, if you don't choose the same use year, you'll even have two separate member numbers. With the same use year however, both contracts should be under the same member number.

I have two contracts with two different use years (Aug and Dec) and thus I have two member numbers with a different contract number under each.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom