Quest for the Diamond Ears- Sign Up & Questions Thread

Should there be eliminations in this comp and if so when?

• No Eliminations! Just Team Points combined with individual points!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, starting in round two

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yes, starting in round three

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Starting in round 4

• Yes, but only for the finale round

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spacemt354

Chili's
Wooo!
image.png

FigmentPigments

Sadly, in order to balance team skill, should @FigmentPigments decide to join, they will be placed on another team.

If @FigmentPigments joins, they will be on Team Wonder, however, no pressure to join @FigmentPigments

Awesome! See your team assignment below!

Sadly, @AimYourBrent will be with Team Dream, as they only had 4 and Fantasy had 5. And @spacemt354 has been actively recruiting.
New Team Standings:
Magic:
@David2319
@tcool123
@Fox&Hound
@TheOriginalTiki
Wonder:
@Angels and Disney's
@KingOfEpicocity
@RMichael21
@mickeyfan5534
(Tentative Placement: @FigmentPigments )
Dream:
@SplashZander
@spacemt354
@MonorailRed
@IDInstitute
@AimYourBrent
Fantasy:
@JokersWild
@kmbmw777
@Flippin'Flounder
@CraniumCommand89
@Brer Robbie
Gee, look what happens when real life catches up to you. :oops: I'm in! :joyfull: Just fair warning though to my fellow sailors, I will be running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon this upcoming weekend so I may fade in and out. But on the plus side, I'll have long stretches of running to think of some good ideas. :D

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Gee, look what happens when real life catches up to you. :oops: I'm in! :joyfull: Just fair warning though to my fellow sailors, I will be running the Wine & Dine Half Marathon this upcoming weekend so I may fade in and out. But on the plus side, I'll have long stretches of running to think of some good ideas. :D
Awesome, as you know, you will be on Team Wonder. While we do not set sail until tomorrow, today, I will create your official Team PM's and release our plans for our first stop(s). Anyone can still join at anytime!

NOTE: I am aware that Team Magic has one less player that the other teams, and I believe that the caliber of talent on that team should more than compensate, however, if Team Magic feels that they are at an unfair disadvantage, then I will gladly adress that in their team PM.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Ahoy mates! While the crew finishes preparations, you will be relegated to the Oceaneer Lab, where you wil begin preparing your plans. You see, Capt. Mary Oceaneer has been on the hunt for The Diamond Ears for quite some time, and now she has realised that it is in one of the Disney Parks, hidden in a secret vault by Bob Iger, having been passed down since Walt Disney. Knowing that she only has a month to find the safe, she has decided to enlist a new crew to assist. Every round, we will travel to a new resort where we will Imagineer new attractions to summon the power of imagination. If no spirit of imagination reveals itself at each location, then we will continue. Now on our way to our first stops for round one Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland, we will temporarily stop at Skull Island, where the Eighth Wonder Expedition Company has donated their land transport trucks to our expedition, however, they are useless outside of China and the Indian Ocean, so to attempt to summon the power of imagination, hence our first challenge is to find a way to use these vehicles in a ride at Shanghai or Hong Kong. Your team chooses! However, they can not be in Adventure Isle or Adventureland, as SEA has already been hunting in these areas, and we do not want to step on their toes. All teams must complete this task.
image.jpeg
The other tasks require lots of imagination, but only need one team to do, so we must split up. Each team has one prompt that they must complete. Each golden prompt is worth 50 gems and each individual is worth 20 gems. Good Luck!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

spacemt354

Chili's
Could you just elaborate a little further on what the teams are responsible for and how the scoring works?

So there is the Golden (main prompt) -- with the Kong vehicles -- that's worth 50 Gems, does that mean the winner gets 50 gems? If so, do the 3 other teams just get 0 gems? Or, do you get 50 gems for completing the project?

Same question with the individual challenges as well.

Final question for the due time, 8 AM Eastern time? Pacific Time? (Based on the cast, we have people in all sorts of time zones so knowing what time zone you're going by helps!)

Thank you!

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Could you just elaborate a little further on what the teams are responsible for and how the scoring works?

So there is the Golden (main prompt) -- with the Kong vehicles -- that's worth 50 Gems, does that mean the winner gets 50 gems? If so, do the 3 other teams just get 0 gems? Or, do you get 50 gems for completing the project?

Same question with the individual challenges as well.

Final question for the due time, 8 AM Eastern time? Pacific Time? (Based on the cast, we have people in all sorts of time zones so knowing what time zone you're going by helps!)

Thank you!
Eastern Time. The golden prompt will go as follows
10 gems: Presentation
10 Gems: Creativity
10 gems: Details/ Backstory
10 gems: Use of Ride Vehicles*
10 Gems: First Place**
8 gems: Second Place**
6 gems: Third Place**
4 gems: Fourth Place**

*This Criteria will be based on each challenge
** Placing will be determined by the score on the first four criterion

The Individual Prompts will go as follows:
5 gems: Presentation
5 gems: Integration (Ex. Does it blend in)
5 gems: Creativity
5 gems: Backstory/ Details

5 bonus gems to highest scoring Individual prompt.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Ahoy Sailors! We have now docked in China, and are currently clearing Chinese customs. Remeber, you have five more days to attempt to summon the spirit of imagination! As a bonus, 5 bonus gems will be given to teams with custom artwork, and when your first project is turned in, just this once, you will receive the next prompts and projects for when we dock at Disneyland Paris. The ante will be upped, as the golden prompt of the next leg will be worth 60 gems, and the individual projects worth 25 gems. Good Luck!

Magic Feather

Original Poster
It is time for our first Diamond Days!
Teams! You have until 11:59:59 PM EST on November 2, 2016 (Today!) to turn in a project that could give your teams an advantage, or extra gems! For this port's Diamond Days? You must design one new float for the "Paint the Night" parade at Hong Kong Disneyland, or one new float for "Mickey's Storybook Express" at Shanghai Disneyland. You can use up to 10 sentences to describe your float, and up to two pictures. One submission per team, and your choice of prompt will determine the reward. The player that turns in the project for the team will have to make a decision, without talking with the team, if you communicate with your team about your power, you will not receive the power, and you will lose 15 gems. Good Luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom