Quest about extra shifts

kishijoten

Original Poster
I've heard a lot of talk about picking up extra hours and extra shifts, but I have a question about that.
Are you only allowed to work extra shifts within your role? That is, if you're in merchandise, can you only work in merchandise at different places? Or can you use the extra shifts as a chance to crosstrain?

joanna71985

I've heard a lot of talk about picking up extra hours and extra shifts, but I have a question about that.
Are you only allowed to work extra shifts within your role? That is, if you're in merchandise, can you only work in merchandise at different places? Or can you use the extra shifts as a chance to crosstrain?

You can pick up shifts in other areas. However, they can't have special training. The best extra hour shifts are PAC shifts. They are awsome!

jiminy.cricket

I second that! You can also pick up Food and Beverage shifts. Does anyone know what Cross-U is? Also, is the JOBS system different from the system you use to upload your resume?

Captain Hank

I second that! You can also pick up Food and Beverage shifts. Does anyone know what Cross-U is? Also, is the JOBS system different from the system you use to upload your resume?
You can pick up Quick Service F&B shifts, but if you do, it starts a 90 day countdown, after which you have to complete F&B training. Cross-U is a program where salaried and Office & Technical cast members work shifts in the parks, such as PAC, QS F&B, etc. JOBS is the internal job posting service. I think you can upload your resume to it, though I've never really explored it.

Also, if you have merchandise training, you can pick up shifts in almost any shop on property.

jiminy.cricket

You can pick up Quick Service F&B shifts, but if you do, it starts a 90 day countdown, after which you have to complete F&B training. Cross-U is a program where salaried and Office & Technical cast members work shifts in the parks, such as PAC, QS F&B, etc. JOBS is the internal job posting service. I think you can upload your resume to it, though I've never really explored it.

Also, if you have merchandise training, you can pick up shifts in almost any shop on property.
Thanks a lot! And yeah, I forgot to mention within 90 days you have to take this online course on the Hub for food and beverage!

ImaYoyo

The courses you want to look for are as follows:
RVP (Responsible Vendor Program)
Basic Food Safety
Cash Handling

If you take those three, within about 48 hours, you should see a lot more EHH shifts available to you.

Cross U's as someone mentioned are for O&T (except DRC and photopass) and Salaried Cast Members and are usually done in teams rather than as individuals, and happen a few times a year, typically around the holidays.

JOBS is the system that you store your resume and cover letter, that allows you to post for open non-union positions internally.

joanna71985

ok, so i'm on the low end of the wdw lingo bell curve here.... what does PAC stand for? :confused:

Parade Audience Control- probably the best extra hours you can get. You make sure guests stay behind the ropes, interact (including PACtivities) with children and guests, and you get to see the parade/fireworks.

Gorjus

Thanks a lot! And yeah, I forgot to mention within 90 days you have to take this online course on the Hub for food and beverage!

You can do that course on the HUB?!! Oh shoot, I wish I'd known that. I'm going to start picking up some Quick Service Restaurant shifts. They will pay you at your regular rate of pay. If you pick up Parade shifts, you are paid at parade rate.

Thanks for the info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom