QS, is this a good idea? PLEASE HELP!

DreaminO'Disney

Original Poster
I know this sounds silly but I'm actually torn between the Deluxe and the QS Dining Plans. DH and I went to the World last Sept (POR) and ate Deluxe and loved it even though we ate alot of QS meals. We are returning the week of Thanksgiving w/ 17 yr old DS and I need to know what you all think! :veryconfu

The QS plan is 2 meals and 2 snacks a day....which is perfect for us. I currently have ADR's that I want to keep and some that I can lose. Because of the season, if I only pay for QS plan and pay for TS meals out of pocket I will be saving $$$$.

My guys are bears when they get hungry and will grab something quick rather than wait for an ADR.

I like the QS plan because of the 2 snack a day feature.

Opinions, advice please and thankyou! :)

mickeysshoes

You get 3 meals and 2 snacks with the Delux. If your guys eat like you say and you already have ADR I would go with the Delux. We use and love the fact the food is paid for...it a piece of mind for us...not worried much about the value.

ErickainPA

If you don't want to book your 3 table service meals, and are ok with QS, I would say stay with QS and just do your out of pocket for the TS if it works out that you save money. Class of meal is different with the 2 packages but it you would rather just be able to go, go, go and grab a bite when you want do QS.

Tomi-Rocket

deluxe....

If your guys eat a lot then the deluxe is made for families like yours! Plus, I would think the selection is much better on the deluxe than with QS. :)

balletgirl2

I did deluxe in 2008 and 2009 and the whole ADR process just killed the spontaneous nature of the trip. Plus if you do all TS you need to realize that you loose 5 hours plus of your day to eating.

I did QS this past June and I loved it. I still had some must have TS spots I wanted to do so I paid OOP for those. I booked breakfasts at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, lunch at Kona Cafe and dinner at T rex. Those few TS was more than enough to give me my taste of TS for the trip. It was so nice to actually eat when I was hungry and what I had a taste for at that moment. Nothing about this trip was dictated by ADRs and it was AWESOME. In fact next year I am done with the DDP for good because even on the QSDP I had too much food and I was forcing myself to eat so I did not waste credits. :brick:

DreaminO'Disney

Original Poster
I did deluxe in 2008 and 2009 and the whole ADR process just killed the spontaneous nature of the trip. Plus if you do all TS you need to realize that you loose 5 hours plus of your day to eating.

I did QS this past June and I loved it. I still had some must have TS spots I wanted to do so I paid OOP for those. I booked breakfasts at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, lunch at Kona Cafe and dinner at T rex. Those few TS was more than enough to give me my taste of TS for the trip. It was so nice to actually eat when I was hungry and what I had a taste for at that moment. Nothing about this trip was dictated by ADRs and it was AWESOME. In fact next year I am done with the DDP for good because even on the QSDP I had too much food and I was forcing myself to eat so I did not waste credits. :brick:

Thanks a bunch! I did think about how much time was devoted to eating... That has definitely been a factor in my decision making. I'm now considering the DDP vs QS. I've already made so may reservations that I'm not sure that I can part with! If the guys need to get an extra snack or an extra QS meal that won't be a problem.... We have always been a 3 meal-a-day family. My guys can't function without breakfast, but on the last trip we found that the Food Court breakfast fit our needs perfectly! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom