PwC Launch ??

FigmentsFangirl

Original Poster
OK, so, I've been seeing stuff all over twitter today for this thing called PwCLaunch15 with pictures from DHS with Anna, Elsa and Olaf ?? What on earth does it mean ?

Bolt

Been coming for almost 20 years. The stay at the Grand and have programming around the parks. Essentially, it's just a large convention.

Bolt

Must be nice....
Well, I suppose if you have a convention center, you'd assume there would be conventions in it. A quick Google search turned up PWC had $34 billion in revenue last year so probably an easy choice for them...

Mouse Trap

PwC & KPMG are in and out of Orlando year round. PwC typically stays near or on Disney property and holds dozens of evening events in the parks throughout the year. If I recall correctly Launch is the big one for the interns and is notorious for PwC employees to go "undercover" during the course of the event to get a final idea what interns will not continue on with the company. Last year I remember hearing of PwC employees dressing like tourists and watching the interns behavior at bars and such. Also a rather large group was tested when their luggage "went on the wrong bus" and was lost for the evening :)

wendysue

PwC & KPMG are in and out of Orlando year round. PwC typically stays near or on Disney property and holds dozens of evening events in the parks throughout the year. If I recall correctly Launch is the big one for the interns and is notorious for PwC employees to go "undercover" during the course of the event to get a final idea what interns will not continue on with the company. Last year I remember hearing of PwC employees dressing like tourists and watching the interns behavior at bars and such. Also a rather large group was tested when their luggage "went on the wrong bus" and was lost for the evening :)

Sounds mean, basically hiding their luggage! Would you really want to work there?

JR864

I rode the late boat to GF with a boatload of them last Thursday night (i think it was their first night)...

I thought they were surprisingly well-mannered for a group of early 20s fratboy types... they had matching logo backpacks and water bottles and were comparing entry salary quotes ($56K, though one guy caused a stir by saying he got $57K).... then, there was an offer to pool several thousand if one of their lot would dive into 7 seas lagoon.... when the ante was uppedto a year's salary, the offer was quickly withdrawn when one guy seemed ready (but by this time he said they were too close to the dock)

Up front where my buddy was sitting, the discussion among that group was how late the bar at gf was open, how early they needed to get up, and whether they could get by without a morning shower...

Did i mention there were evidently no pwc girls aboard?

Bolt

I rode the late boat to GF with a boatload of them last Thursday night (i think it was their first night)...

I thought they were surprisingly well-mannered for a group of early 20s fratboy types... they had matching logo backpacks and water bottles and were comparing entry salary quotes ($56K, though one guy caused a stir by saying he got $57K).... then, there was an offer to pool several thousand if one of their lot would dive into 7 seas lagoon.... when the ante was uppedto a year's salary, the offer was quickly withdrawn when one guy seemed ready (but by this time he said they were too close to the dock)

Up front where my buddy was sitting, the discussion among that group was how late the bar at gf was open, how early they needed to get up, and whether they could get by without a morning shower...

Did i mention there were evidently no pwc girls aboard?
They let women work these days?!

CWDfense

I've been a daily visitor to the site for close to 10 years but rarely post. I actually worked for PwC for 8 years and was part of this internship program back in 2005. It was / is a 4 day "Training" that includes presentations from Disney and PwC management on topics such as customer service, going the extra mile, etc. They do a good job mixing in Disney principles and how they can relate to our own work experience.

There's also a lot of fun that goes along with it, including a couple of park perks like renting Tower of Terror and RNRC for a night. They get good discounts from the Grand Floridian since they are bringing close to 1,000 college kids down over a two week period. When I went, there were a few people who had their full-time offers revoked for bad behavior. Imagine trying to explain that to Mom and Dad!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom