PUSH the Talking Trashcan's last day?

EOD K9

In all seriousness, PUSH could no longer handle being the psychiatrist for the guests as he listened to all of their Magic Band problems. I have it from a good source that he himself sought counseling and couldn't handle it. He decided to take a long roll over to Epcot and rolled into the sinkhole under Mission: Space. Black mourning bands are permitted to be worn during this time.

Cesar R M

This just in....

"With the departure of PUSH, the Talking Trashcan, Walt Disney World is proud to announce the newest additions to our walk-around entertainment mix - SKAM the Talking Moneybag. SKAM will move around the park and tell you the exciting story of Disney's corporate structure. With a touch of your Magic Band*, you will hear amazing quotes from the annual report like "We had an incredibly strong first quarter, delivering a 32% increase in adjusted earnings per share" and "operating income growth for the quarter was primarily due to increased guest spending". Remember that SKAM is just a magical touch away.

* A modest resort entertainment fee of $5 will be charged for every Magic Band touch to maintain the quality of our magical entertainment mix."

clever.. very clever...
now, stop.. delete your post and never come back.. because they might hear you and actually use SCROOGE MCDUCK to do that "the disney way".

Here by the way, was the article from the Orlando Sentinel regarding PUSH

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...1_talking-trash-disney-officials-tomorrowland

I'm not by any means the greatest person when it comes to public speaking, but the statement in the article...

"Disney officials say that PUSH will continue to entertain guests at Magic Kingdom."

...and then 2 days later he ends his 19 year career, is not a comment I would have made, unless a contract had been signed.

almost feels like they were just trying to curb the rumours to prevent the spread of the whole "more entertainment is leaving WDW". aka a 100% pure PR movement to prevent things from going full viral.

Disney just flat out lied to the press. That's also well within the realm of possibility.

And if that's the case, then attractions magazine was right on the money all along....

so its one of these options?

a) Disney wanted to cut Push's hours (to save wages)
b) Disney did not want to renegotiate a better package for the owners of Push despite 19 years of entertainment.
c) Push's side wanted a very steep money increase.
d) Disney wanted more control (or the inverse) on what happens with Push.

Well that re-cap saved me pages of posts. Thanks so much.

Seriously? They lied and ding'd social media? Poor PUSH, I'll miss him, such layered magic. I remember when Disney PR was beyond professional, how the mighty have tanked. Sadly, Disney isn't likely embarrassed.

Imho, I still say they only tried PR control to prevent the haemorrhaging of entertainment from becoming VIRAL (and thus hide Guests from a dissatisfaction )

We dont know who walked away.

It could have been Disney. It could have been the 3rd Party. We just don't know.
I was actually talking about how fast things moved.. from "he might be leaving" then to "he is staying" then instantly "he is gone, to never be seen.. the unit was also trashed, destroyed and removed" and then spitting on the fan's face with the "too late whoops!" lol.

you know.. in second thoughts.. its not funny.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Rumor Rules for WDW

1 - If rumor states something is being discontinued at WDW rumor is probably TRUE
2 - If rumor states something is being added at WDW rumor is almost certainly FALSE

These rules are based on the 'costs money principle' ie TDO wants to minimize things which 'cost money'.

Enjoying the Year of a Thousand Cuts so far??

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

bhg469

Its something 90% of guests don't know exists, the exact demographic that disney wants to visit. Ones that don't know they're paying more for and getting less than guests of 5 years ago.

I never thought they would go the route of lucky and the Muppet mobile lab... So sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom