Pulse Victims Honored with Universal Studios Window

No Name

Great that Universal is showing care and appreciation for those who were lost.

Such a class act you will never see Disney do anything like this and that is such a shame.
Everyone has different ways of reacting and different ways of remembeing those who died. It is absolutely ridiculous to peg Disney for not doing this and even moreso to assume that they wouldn't do such a thing. On what basis are you making that assumption?

Perhaps I should not even be giving attention to a post that attempts to spin a great tribute into a stab at Disney.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Here is the window -

os-pulse-shooting-victims-universal-window-20160906

Sped2424

Great that Universal is showing care and appreciation for those who were lost.

Everyone has different ways of reacting and different ways of remembeing those who died. It is absolutely ridiculous to peg Disney for not doing this and even moreso to assume that they wouldn't do such a thing. On what basis are you making that assumption?

Perhaps I should not even be giving attention to a post that attempts to spin a great tribute into a stab at Disney.
Everyone refers to people a company is not a person. I am not pegging for one just merely stating that Disney has not made anything along these lines. I making this assumption on the basis that they lost a cast member and it's a tragedy. Universal shut down their eticket forbidden journey for a day because some of the workers who died had worked the ride. I am truly touched beyond words to see they had that much respect for their fallen team members and made that decision it sends a clear message that they were more than just workers, they were family. That money and 1000 percent happy guests were not something they were going to put first before mourning. When you see one company do that and another not whether or not Disney intends it they end up seeming cold imo. If you feel that they honestly equal up you're free too but don't tell me how to feel about this.

Last edited:

JT3000

While it would be nice to see Disney do something in the parks, I don't believe this sort of thing should be turned into a competition. Remember when Disney made their contribution to the Pulse fund and a number of Disney fans, including those on this very site, responded by bashing Universal? It showed how some people have warped priorities, and the fact that Universal would go on to match that contribution was just the cherry on top. Don't be like them.

Sped2424

While it would be nice to see Disney do something in the parks, I don't believe this sort of thing should be turned into a competition. Remember when Disney made their contribution to the Pulse fund and a number of Disney fans, including those on this very site, responded by bashing Universal? It showed how some people have warped priorities, and the fact that Universal would go on to match that contribution was just the cherry on top. Don't be like them.
Im again not being like anyone nor am I making anything into a competition let's stop that narrative right there. This was a tragedy, I feel that when you see a company be so respectful about the mourning process and letting their employees grieve and have a place to do so that again it feels strange when you see a company who is perfectly able to do something along those lines not do so. How long did it take for Disney to make a response? Do you think that people voicing their complaints had nothing to do with their eventual decision? As for universal the donation was nice, but by that point they had already stopped an eticket, made public annoucements, and very much showed their employees they respected this tragedy. The donation was indeed another amazing step for them. Again do I think this needs a window on main street? No, but a plaque somewhere even in a backstage area would be widely appreciated in my book and a way for people to remember this tragedy and I pray inspire future generations to avoid it. Because when we forget mistakes get repeated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom