PTR: Sept 2012 Adult Visit!

Okay. I know its VERY early to even discuss this, however I am going to use this thread for the next 10 months to vent my excitement I have. I know everyone where I work will get tired of my talking about it. (Some of them already have) I am hoping there are a few here that will share in my excitement and totally understand where I am coming from. No one else does! :ROFLOL:

The Plan:
Me and My awesome wife is planning our first adult only trip just for the two of us. I planned Sept. because the kids will be back in school, crowds "supposed" to be lighter, and will be our 3 year anniversary! Not that we hate our kids but we just want to do more adult themed things during our visit. I am very excited about the opportunity to really try many dining options which were not within our budget with 5 kids. :eek: We chose our dates, nailed down a baby sitter for the kids for the week, and requested the days off at work. Time to put the plan in to motion. Decided to have some help with Kingdom Konsultants this time around. Many thanks to Master Yoda for working with me on this trip! I cant wait to really start making my schedule for this week to experience things I never have before and learn about new hidden gems to do while visiting The World! With that said on Sept. 30th we made our reservations! :sohappy:

confirmation.jpg

We considered the Dining Plan however as of this date it has not been offered for free. We are however saving money as we go for the next 10 months to go toward our dining. At this point I have $150 banked up for meals. Pretty good start IMO! We have a couple of dining favorites we know we will visit however we want to really try new things when we return. Any suggestions on places on a adult trip that shouldn't be missed will be greatly appreciated!

I decided that myself and my wife will plan one night as a date night for each other. We will take in consideration our favorite foods and things to do and plan a night focused on the other. I am super excited about this and think it will be a lot of fun.

At this point I am totally consumed with this trip. I post everyday on the "How Many Days for You... " thread. I also have a CD in my truck that has all of the Nighttime Firework show music on it that plays all the time. Recently I have started listening to DTunesLive on my pc at work. Dont know how I am going to make it until September 2012!

Very thankful for this message forum which gives me an outlet to talk about my Disney passion. Maybe there will be someone here that will find this thread entertaining. Until my trip arrives I will fill the gap with many visits to WDWMagic were I am sure to find many tips and advice on how to make this the BEST TRIP EVER!!

Guess that's enough for now.

foreverbelle

Wow. Haven't updated this in awhile. Not as diligent at others with updating a PTR. Hope I do much better on the final Trip Report.

Didn't add that we extended our visit by one day. Instead of arriving on the 9th were not arriving on the 8th. Hope to catch Night of Joy on that Saturday. Also scored reservations at Ohana's for Dinner that night! Still waiting on the dates for Sept to open for the Dessert Party. It seems like a daily ritual for me to check the dates. My day hasn't started until I check for availability for the Dessert Party.

Gee this doesn't sound familiar at all. My day does not start until I get my daily dose of this site. LOL

Ohh OHanna's it is dif one of our staples. You mentioning it makes me want to fly down right now just to enjoy some yum yum...

Congrats on extending it one day. That is fabulous....

nngrendel

Original Poster
Gee this doesn't sound familiar at all. My day does not start until I get my daily dose of this site. LOL

Ohh OHanna's it is dif one of our staples. You mentioning it makes me want to fly down right now just to enjoy some yum yum...

Congrats on extending it one day. That is fabulous....
We have been to Ohannas twice for breakfast but this will be our first time at Dinner. I am very excited about it.

nngrendel

Original Poster
After checked day after day for months I have finally booked the Wishes Dessert Party for our visit! So happy to finally have it booked. Two more small $50 payments to our reservation and everything will be paid for.

nngrendel

Original Poster
Okay! I am back from a week in Orlando with my family visiting my parents. Great visit with my family and it was great to see my mother. Dont get to see her as much as I should.

Being I was only a couple miles away made it very difficult to not want to go to the parks. We decided not to break the bank and go since we already had our visit scheduled for Sept this year. But I had to have a little teaser....

Last night we visited Downtown Disney for a few hours. Was a great way to get a little Disney in before we left.

IMG2564-L.jpg

Downtown was just swarming with tour groups last night. Dont think I ever remember seeing so many at one time.

Went by Ragland Road and browsed the gift shop while I was there. Cannot wait for our reservations this coming Sept!!

IMG2541-L.jpg

The rest of our stay we just browsed shops and took in the atmosphere. Kids were able to buy themselves a few souvenirs as well.

Here are a few more shots from our short but sweet visit yesterday! Ready for Sept!

IMG2543-L.jpg

IMG2544-L.jpg

IMG2546-L.jpg

IMG2549-L.jpg

IMG2559-L.jpg

IMG2561-L.jpg

coachwnh

After checked day after day for months I have finally booked the Wishes Dessert Party for our visit! So happy to finally have it booked. Two more small $50 payments to our reservation and everything will be paid for.
Have you done the Dessert party before? Im not a dessert guy, but my wife and kids are. We love the view. Well worth it!!

soarin

I am enjoying reading your PTR. We went without our 4 kids last September. We felt a little guilty at first, but that didn't last long! We had a great time without them. We enjoyed it so much that we planned another adult only trip for November this year. We will be there to run the Wine and Dine half marathon and then stay for a few more days of fun after.

Your ADR's look great and you and your wife will have a great time.

I have to say, you have some great willpower. If I were in Orlando, I wouldn't be able to pass up going to the parks. Good for you!

nngrendel

Original Poster
I am enjoying reading your PTR. We went without our 4 kids last September. We felt a little guilty at first, but that didn't last long! We had a great time without them. We enjoyed it so much that we planned another adult only trip for November this year. We will be there to run the Wine and Dine half marathon and then stay for a few more days of fun after.

Your ADR's look great and you and your wife will have a great time.

I have to say, you have some great willpower. If I were in Orlando, I wouldn't be able to pass up going to the parks. Good for you!

I have heard lots of people say that the guilt doesnt last long. LOL.
Dont think it was will power that kept me away. It was a stressed out bank account with traveling with 5 kids.

nngrendel

Original Poster
Have you done the Dessert party before? Im not a dessert guy, but my wife and kids are. We love the view. Well worth it!!

Never been able to do this before because of the cost of taking 5 kids. Well considered adults by the Disney price guide. LOL.

nngrendel

Original Poster
Couple more pictures I took the other day in Downtown.

No visit to Downtown is complete without a visit to Goofy's Candy Company.

IMG2535-L.jpg

Or a walk through of the Lego Store.

IMG2526-L.jpg

IMG2520-L.jpg

One more from World of Disney

IMG2531-L.jpg

nngrendel

Original Poster
Sitting at the 54 day mark now. Only a few days left before that 45 day deadline to pay off the balance. Only have $49 left to pay and plan to take care of that this week. Cant believe after starting a countdown at 340 days we are under 2 months away and being paid for. :D

I have read many other PTR lately and most everyone introduces themselves. Well I have not done that. (PTR newbie) So here we go...

I am Marvin
i-MkvdbJV-S.jpg

So I know its a cheesy picture but hey usually I am behind the camera....

i-b5pmg6R-S.jpg

My beautiful wife Aimee!

i-DkgqS4B-S.jpg

I proposed to my wife in October of 2008 at the Magic Kingdom in the Rose Garden during Wishes. Since then its just been a different place to me.

i-mRmCvSf-M.jpg

After that October 2008 trip we were married September 5th 2009 and returned 2010. This will be our second trip back after I proposed and this time its children free not to mention its a week after our anniversary. Three days to be exact! With Epcot being my favorite park I plan to do and see more this time with no kids to drag around the World Showcase. Disney came though for me big time during my proposal. I love the way that Disney goes the extra mile to make special events even more special and magical. Cant wait to see what happens while we celebrate our anniversary.

Here is the quick run down...

We are driving in from Atlanta, GA so plan on being there around 3pm on Saturday.
We will quickly check in at POP and head to Ohana's for Dinner at 5pm. After that we plan on attending Night of Joy in the Magic Kingdom.

The rest of our ADR's is as follows.

Sunday Dinner Rose and Crown and hope to score a patio seat to watch Illuminations.
Monday Lunch Le Cellier
Monday Night Wishes Dessert Party!!! (Very Excited to be attending this. What a way to remember my proposal while eating dessert!)
Tuesday Lunch The Crystal Palace
Tuesday Dinner Ragland Road.
*After Dinner at Ragland Road I have a carriage ride booked for us at PORS to finish out our day.
Wednesday Lunch Via Napoli
Thursday Breakfast Kona Cafe (Tonga Toast here I come!!)
Thursday Dinner Nine Dragons

Were very excited about being able to score free dining this year and cant wait to take advantage of it. We plan on being as leisure as we can get and really take our time.

nngrendel

Original Poster
Okay! Best day yesterday!

At work I was voted to be the Employee of the Month. Pretty awesome because you have to be nominated first from your peers. I received a check for $200, and got a awesome parking spot for the month! The extra $$ will be used for our upcoming trip. What a great time to get an extra 200 bucks!!

Then when I get home what do I find on the table that came in the mail?????

IMG2698-M.jpg

Its an extra special day when you receive you Disney vacation package in the mail!!

29 more days!!

nngrendel

Original Poster
Okay. 7 more days!
I have verified my rental car reservations for next week.
I have gathered all my Disney Gift Cards
Have all my vacation vouchers ready
Have saved mad money

I am ready to go!

DawnBerg

I swear this waiting is WAY worse than anything!!! I have had teeth pulled that hurt less than waiting!!! :eek: Have a great trip!

nngrendel

Original Poster
2 more days and my wife and I will be doing our first adult trip!
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary and my awesome wife gave me a Disney Gift Card. Love racking up all this Disney Mad Money.

nngrendel

Original Poster
Not much of a PTR but I must say this thread is over. I am now sitting at POP in the 60's starting my vaction. Will return with hundreds of pictures and start my Trip Report in a week. Everyone have fun! I know I will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom