PT employment question

PSUPilot

Original Poster
Hi all...couple quick questions I'd love to have answered if someone can help!

I got hired for a part-time greeter position at Magic Kingdom. I have a full-time job flying for an airline, but with decent time off, and want the Disney perks (I'm quite the Disney fan).

How easy is it to trade away shifts? Is there a minimum amount of hours needed to put in, either in a week/month/year, as there is with seasonal employees? I know about submitting 3 days of availability, but how easy is it to trade those away or drop them if need be?

Do the perks start immediately after Traditions class?

Thanks for the help...it's very appreciated!

Journey_On

Congratulations on becoming a cast member! :)

I am not sure of the PT minimum requirements, but if you join a FB group within your work location (many areas have these nowadays, but I recommend keeping it on the down low from managers), you should be able to find other cast members to whom you can trade or giveaway shifts. I found that it was easier to give away shifts during the busier months and harder to give them away during the winter months. Trades should be fairly consistent throughout the year.

Yes, the perks start after Traditions because that is when you will receive your cast member ID!

Best wishes to you!

Journey_On

You get your blue ID at Traditions, but that no longer gets you into the parks. Cast Member's now receive their own Main Gate pass along with the passes for family/friends. It takes about two weeks for those to arrive once you start. However, if you absolutely can't wait those two weeks, you'll need to speak to a Guest Relations CM at the entrance of the park (not at the turnstiles) and they'll help you.

Oops, I totally forgot about that (I went to Traditions in 2007). Thank you for the correcting that! :)

PSUPilot

Original Poster
Hey, thats for all the comments. No, not looking to give up all the shifts; more curious as to how easy it is to trade when needed. I'm doing this more to work for Disney, and get the perks...definitely not as a primary source of income, as obviously I get that flying for an airline.

Looking forward to going to Traditions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom