Proposing to my girlfriend while at Disney

redbrick22

Original Poster
Hello All. First post here.

I have been reading on the forums some and also reading through the lists of "10 ways to propose here" and "101 ways to propose there"... Well I haven't really decided how I would like to propose. Let me give you some of the back story before I get into proposing. My girlfriend and I have been together for about 4 years. We are not "Disney Freaks," but we both still live at home and our mini-vacations have been to Disney because her brother works there. We both LOVE Disney though, I didn't want to make the impression that we own Disney everything. Anyways so I have been looking at different ideas for proposing.

I like the idea of proposing during Wishes from the beach at Polynesian. After looking online however it appears that they are doing construction there. Is there still a good place to view and hear the fireworks? Is there a ledge nearby that I could hide a friend with a camera to take pictures?

The other option would be inside Cinderellas Castle at the dinner, but that package is $375 and being 21 I and in school I am not made of money. Please inform me of ideas, or tweaks to current ideas. I don't mind spending the money, so don't be scared to suggest ones that cost money. I AM ALL IN!

Thanks yall

redbrick22

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. I actually had thought about that, but to get the one synced to the music its like the same price as the Dinner package. Plus the price is for up to 8 people so I had thought about doing it at a time when more people would take advantage of the price. Thanks for the ideas keep em coming

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
well what is her favorite thing about WDW or Disney in general? Favorite character, favorite area in the parks?

Going back to the fireworks theme, they pipe in music at California Grill. Maybe out on the balcony there during the show?

redbrick22

Original Poster
Ive never been on the balcony there before, how is it? A lot of people? She likes Cinderella and Minnie Mouse. She likes Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Not sure what her favorite ride is, we normally do just about all of them. She does like Magic Kingdom and the Castle, but I wouldnt want to be in the middle of a gigantic crowd and neither would she.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Ive never been on the balcony there before, how is it? A lot of people? She likes Cinderella and Minnie Mouse. She likes Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Not sure what her favorite ride is, we normally do just about all of them. She does like Magic Kingdom and the Castle, but I wouldnt want to be in the middle of a gigantic crowd and neither would she.

A lot of people have different opinions of California Grill. The last time is was there was in 2012 for my honeymoon. It is busy during the fireworks seating but not obnoxiously so. I thought it was great and the best meal I had that trip. And they will ask if you want your meal timed around the fireworks so you can go out on the balcony. At least they did for us.

I have heard others propose at a M&G in front of their favorite character (like Cinderella). It is tough to propose in MK and not be in a crowd. I was not a fan of doing it around people, but I ended up doing it right smack in front of Cinderella Castle. To tell you the truth, only a handful of people really noticed.

redbrick22

Original Poster
Thanks for the input. I had originally thought about doing it at MK during the firework show, but In my head I decided not to for a few reasons such as carrying the ring all day, crowds, loud, and such. I would kinda like the proposal to be less big crowd and more one on one. Which is why I had thought about the cruise, Polynesian, now the Cali Grill... I had also heard that you could get on the roof at the contemporary resort, at least you can walk all the way up the stairs... I appreciate the ideas for sure!

redbrick22

Original Poster
Going back to the Poly, which beach spot would be the best for viewing? Ive read that near the pool you can hear the wishes music, which is nice, but would it be crowded at that beach area? If so would the left or right beach be better? Sunset pointe is in red because they are doing construction, right?
poly_zpsa8a11b78.png

Goofy42

I don't know when you are planning on doing this, but currently the Poly is not a very romantic location, unless you guys have some type of inside romantic involvement with a construction zone. The construction is one area of the beach, but it is kind of an eye sore to the rest of the area as well, especially for a proposal.

redbrick22

Original Poster
I was scared that would be the case Goofy. I guess that leaves the Cali Grill balcony. I have heard of people proposing on the deck of Narcoossees, but from the picture I saw of the restaurant there is no where secluded even slightly.

redbrick22

Original Poster
Thank you weather lady! I read the entire list and that is where I got the Polynesian idea in the first place. Right now I am thinking very hard about the contemporary 15th floor observation deck. My only worry is that it would be crowded and take away from the moment. Neither of us would want many people to notice, and I especially don't want it to be loud with screaming children and such.

redbrick22

Original Poster
I would think that a weekday night in either the early summer, early may, or late summer,Early august or maybe between Thanksgiving and Christmas would possibly be a good time to try?

redbrick22

Original Poster
After doing some more research I have narrowed down my plans, and I found a new spot by watching a youtube video. Has anyone watched the fireworks from Sago cay at the grand floridian? Can anyone walk up to it or do you have to eat dinner there? Just curious.

It looks like it will be the 2nd week in Dec or so
Im thinking either there, cali grill, or possibly now in the park if we went during a christmas party (less people).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom